• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone use a Saris Bones Solo?
  • darryl1983
    Free Member

Anyone use a Saris Bones Solo? Are they any good? seem pretty cheap at £36

I’ve been using Thule roof mounts with roof bars on my old punto, but recently been given a company car. I’ve been sticking it in the boot with the rear seats down, which will probably be fine in the summer, but after a muddy ride it’s not ideal. I’ve got one of them hand pump pressure washers that i’ve been using to get the worst of the mud off before sticking it in the car with some old curtains to protect the car from getting dirty. But it’s not really idea, and i still need to give it a proper clean when i get home.

It’s to go on a Vauxhall Insignia, which isn’t listed on the website as fitting, but they show it fitting to an A4 saloon in a video on the website. I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit.

Don’t really want to get roof bars again.

br
    Free Member

I’ve a 3-bike Saris.

Works great, solid and very flexible. Not sure I’d go for a solo, as its always handy to be able to carry another bike.

darryl1983
    Free Member

Well i can always throw a bike or two in the boot as a one off. There is plenty of room. I was just looking to make it a little easier when i go out on my own, which will be 99% of the time.

The 2 and 3 bike carriers are around the £100 mark so there is quite a big difference in cost too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

I used one on a MX5- it was fine. The only issue I found was the middle foot rubbed so you have to use helicopter tape and cloth between the paint and foot.

zippykona

Do you need a number plate board with these things?
    Anyone used this style of mount with a mondeo,can’t see how it would fit.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bones 3 in the classifieds at the moment 😉

I had it fitted to an insignia estate no worries too (and an Astra SRI, Golf estate, Tiguan and an Avensis)

br
    Free Member

Do you need a number plate board with these things?
    Anyone used this style of mount with a mondeo,can’t see how it would fit.

Depends.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Saris Bones Solo?’ is closed to new replies.