Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone use a car delivery service?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

We’ve seen a second hand car for sale that we’d like. Its at an independent dealer. He’s in Otley, West Yorkshire, we’re in Stroud, Gloucestershire…..

That’s at least 8hrs of driving to go & get it (we don’t seem to have time to stay over in order to break up the journey).

Are there any professional / recommended services out there that could collect the car? Anyone ever used one??

(its red, she wants red, she won’t budge, its a particular hens teeth model, in red, only red, bloody red)

mashr

Delivery is one thing, but buying unseen is a very brave move!

qwerty
    Free Member

I know, I know…. 8 hrs….. for a red car…..

dawson

Unseen, no test drive, from an independent?

Risky.

mashr

qwerty

I know, I know…. 8 hrs….. for a red car…..

I’ve seen 2 branches of the same dealer screw each other over when transferring stock, absolutely no way I’d buy without viewing these days. You could end up spending a lot longer than 8 hours sorting things out if it goes sideways (the deal, not the car…..well, maybe the car too)

qwerty
    Free Member

I know, it was a cry for help really.

8 hrs, 8 hrs, 8 hrs all for a red car 😭

mashr

I think we need to know the make and model of red car now…..

the-muffin-man

…then quickly buy it and stick 20% on! 🙂

frankconway

Count Zero – regular poster on various topics – is, I think, involved in car deliveries; he might be a good point of contact.

mashr

the-muffin-man

…then quickly buy it and stick 20% on! 🙂

I’ll offer free delivery though

qwerty
    Free Member

I’d love to just chuck my MTB in the car and get a ride in up north, but sadly i don’t think my family weekend taxi service will allow for even this…

phil5556

What car is it? And how much do you trust the dealer?

8 hours isn’t that long and will potentially save you a whole world of pain….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m not far from Otley. What’s the riding like in Gloucestershire? (and the travel back, obviously)

Or better still, I can go test drive it then tell you it’s a bag of spanners…

carlos
    Free Member

Are there any professional / recommended services out there that could collect the car? Anyone ever used one??

My brother works for a company that does a lot of the logistics for VW, Audi, Skoda, Merc and a number of others. They are based in Stockport and over the week the trucks travel all over the country.

If you’re serious about buying a car with out viewing it etc… Then I’m sure they’ll gladly provide a cost to collect and deliver.

https://www.elitelogistics.co.uk/

qwerty
    Free Member

Thanks for the humour & input – i think we’re going to leave it for now until we actually have time to break the journey up with a stop over somewhere (Hebden or Tod maybe). If it sells, it sells.

mashr

Still need to know the make and model i’m afraid, tis the rules

DM52
    Free Member

and to be fair 4 hrs each way for the right car is well worth it. I did exactly that when I changed mine.

peekay

Can you get by without breaking the journey, other than for a leg stretch and drink?
    Get up earlyish on Saturday morning, leave at 0530 and you will be there for 0930. Do your car business then drive home. You will be back mid afternoon.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would be vair, vair careful in Otley, things are not as they seem……..think on!!

qwerty
    Free Member

The answer turned out to be to have the dealer deliver it (Yorkshire – Gloucestershire) and drop them at the train station after 👍

tthew

But what is it! You missed out the most important thing!

qwerty
    Free Member

It’s just a red Ford Focus (2016, Titanium X & appearance pack 2), the dealer said they are used to moving cars around the country (Porsche etc), just not Ford’s generally!!! Mrs Qwerty is most happy.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a car delivery service?’ is closed to new replies.