Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone unlocked an iphone 4s? – advice please
  • danti

Contract with Orange is due to end in just over a month and I don’t want to renew and am thinking of going to giffgaff.

I’ve read about the horrors of getting Orange to unlock it and was wondering whether its something you can do yourself?

Or do you recommend any company to do it?
    How much does it typically cost?
    How long does it typically take?
    And are there any things you recommend doing before getting it unlocked?
    Thanks

Jaz1979
    Free Member

Orange unlocked both my iphones without too much of an issue, the first one had to be escalated because apple didn’t action the order – but that only added an extra 3 days on to it. And the 2nd one would have been a lot quicker if my wife had bothered to keep an eye on her emails 🙂

z1ppy

Do it now with Orange, they’re a pain in the arse but will do it. They may try to charge you though, and definitely will if your out of contract.
    They did mine, when I bought it 2nd hand, quoted an excessive time to do it but had it done within a week or two.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I got my 4 unlocked last week on 3 as it was out of contract and I sold it. Took around 48 hours but no hassle.

poonprice
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Orange, but with O2 you just fill out a form online. I did mine when moving from O2 to Three.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone unlocked an iphone 4s? – advice please’ is closed to new replies.