Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone tried the Surly Corner Bars?
  • ibnchris

Morning all,

Came across the Surly Corner Bars the other day and pondering whether to try them out in place of Jones Loop bar for all day bridleway bashing. Don’t want to go full ‘drop bar’ as I like being able to revert to flat bar. In other words, I don’t want to change my brake levers…

Anyone use them? Quite spenny at £120 but if anyone can tell me how much they love them I might be tempted to treat myself

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I like the look of those quite a bit. But at that price I’d want them to be more than some bent steel pipe. £120 seems to be the going rate in the UK.

abingham

Pretty sure The Vandal Metalworks had a go at making some gas pipe versions, he might have a few pairs around that he’d sell on.

I think he had a pair on one of the Bespoked bikes.

ibnchris

Thanks – I tried emailing on his site but got a bounce back 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

I would if I could get a set

abingham

He’s very active on the LFGSS forum, username is M_V if you wanted to pursue it.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this but I’m struggling to see how access the gear shifters work. I’ve been looking at the pics in the Bear Bones Bike packing website and I’m pretty sure you need to dislocate a thumb to up shift

Surly Corner Bar … a drop for mountain bikes.

ibnchris

Yeah, I don’t think it will be the slickest shifting tbh. But given my gears are always a bit shot it’s not such an issue…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone tried the Surly Corner Bars?’ is closed to new replies.