Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone tried the Co-rider mid mounted bike seat?
  • hugorune

Looking at getting something to replace my I-bert front seat and have been looking around at what’s good for a 18kg 3 year old. Had a look at the Co-rider Here but it only goes up to 20kgs which going on how quickly she’s growing won’t be too long.

Any suggestions?

wwaswas

get a trailer bike – at 3 she should be fine to hang on.

most ‘big’ kids I’ve seen on bike seats tend to look uncomfortable as the adult is so close to them.

StirlingCrispin

LOCT
    Little One Comes Too

Thump is four and a half. We have an absolute blast in the local woods. Proper mountain biking and everything!

hugorune

LOCT was my first thought after i saw Glen’s one – the only problem is getting one. The website looks a little quite and i emailed the contact email a couple of weeks ago but no reply. You got any insider contacts? 🙂

hugorune

That should have been ‘quiet’

Crispin – i’m sometimes also known by my secret super hero name “Iain that used to live next door to Barton”

toys19
    Free Member

I have the LECO one here at 21 quid on my commuter, would defo take my 4 year old off road, just haven’t yet…

PS I removed the back brace thingy

StirlingCrispin

Hugo!
    How’s it hanging?

I’ve emails at the tail-end of 2010 from these addresses:
    Charles Gordon <charles@loct.co.uk>
    Julia Hamblin <julia@loct.co.uk>

They’re also on FB – I’ll flag them across to you.

fourtysomethingdad
    Free Member

Have you tried calling Charles on the number on the LOCT website?

I left a message a while ago when we were looking for a Non plastic seat and he called me back the same day, top man and VERY knowledgeable of riding hard and what is involved.
    We ended up with 2 Co-Riders as our riding is far less off road biased.

We ride on Bridle ways and foot paths and on the road they are fantastic we called the helpline number on the co-rider website and talked to the designer of the Co-Rider. Very nice bloke and was very clear that bridle ways and smooth tracks are the limit of where the Co-rider should go.

He actually recommended the LOCT seat if our intention was to ride proper single track which was cool because he could have just claimed the Co-rider could do anything which he didn’t. I got a Co-Rider 2010 and my wife now has one of the 2011 versions which has a textured finish and better fasteners. She also got free shipping (which I didn’t!)

Think its horses for courses. If you intend to ride proper single track then LOCT if your happy to do the school and nursery run and bridle ways then the Co-Rider is great (and 1/2 the price). I don’t need the LOCT as I’m simply not a good enough rider to use it in the way it was designed.

By the way the 20Kg limit is quite alot, My daughter is 4 1/2 and still has plenty of room.

toys19
    Free Member

Anyone got a LOCT they want to sell? toys19 at hotmail dot com?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the Co-rider mid mounted bike seat?’ is closed to new replies.