Anyone tried DT’s new fork, the F535 One?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone tried DT’s new fork, the F535 One?
  • Looks wonderfully stealthly and I see lots of ‘first ride’ reviews and they’re all very positive, but has anyone one here actually got one?

If so, what’s it like? And practically – is it reliable, do you swear lots at the T10 bolts?

Premier Icon Moe
    Subscriber

We have a some set up on a Genius for Demo, everyone who has tried them out so far has been positive about them and they’ve not had any issues to date. I think it’s off to Wales in a week or so, so will report back.

jmatlock

Only a brief look at the Madison reps personal pair, they certainly look exceptionally high build quality.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

Madison have been placing loads of them as demo models with shops, maybe drop them a line with your location and they’ll see if there’s a demo set near you to try.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

Oh… and you won’t swear at the T10’s because theres a cunning little T10 tool integrated into the axle.

Cunning those Swiss types

Can’t comment on the current forks but my old DT Swiss were ace with superb build quality. Some of the best forks I’ve ever had.

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

More supple and yet more composed than my Pikes. Prettier too.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Would be very interested to try one, really like the thinking behind it and the way DT have gone about it.

No plans at all to buy one though.

Have they only just reached the shops then? It was July last year the ‘first ride’ articles started appearing.

thered

I’ve had a set since January. They replaced 160mm Lyriks that had a Luktkappe.
    They don’t seem any less stiff than the Lyrik’s although the summer will be the test when I make more mistakes cos I think I’m sic.
    They have a better mid stroke than the Lyrik’s, far better supported even taking into consideration the Luftkappe which helped the Lyrik’s a bit.
    They are significantly better on small chatter thank the Lyrik’s, the CoilPair system works very well and makes them as smooth as any rear shock I’ve ever used.
    They’re the first fork I’ve used that feels ‘bottomless’ and doesn’t have a flat spot somewhere in the travel.
    I’ve previously used XX world cup Rev’s, Bos Deaville’s, Pike’s and Lyrik’s.

thered

Go speak to 2 wheel cycles for a demo.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

Interesting, how did you find the set-up process? Easy to get them feeling good?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.