Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone tried bet spreading?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Just reading the moneyexpert forum…

Any real life experience on here? Mugs game or can you make money if you are careful?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mse are betting mugs, someone lost about 40k during the build up to the carling cup final a few years ago, betting on everyone to be first goalscorer, not knowing the stake would be cut once the starting 11 was named, lots followed suit, lots and lots lost money,

wrightyson
    Free Member

I always thought it was spread betting? And a wise man once said when you go into the bookies (old school type) have you noticed there’s always more windows to place your bets than collect your winnings!

Garry_Lager

Matched betting seemed a legit way of making a few quid, although it’s apparently on the wane nowadays – there was a big thread on that moneysaving forum about it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Made about £4K over the last few years matched betting. As above though, it is on the way out with bookies offering less lucrative offers. An easy £1-2K to be made in 6 months though I reckon.

woffle
    Free Member

my old boss made about £30K a year from spread betting. Margins funded by credit card interest free periods.

personally wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I always thought it was spread betting

it is, and if you know so little about it that you don’t even know what it’s called, are you sure you want to spend money on it?

retro83
    Free Member
    teef
    Free Member

Like all betting you only ever hear about people winners – they keep quiet about the losers.

I used to know somebody who worked at a financial spread betting company and whenever a successful punter tried to place a potentially big winning bet they’d block it until the stock price had moved. When the punters complained they’d blame it on a computer glitch.

DT78
    Free Member

if you know so little about it that you don’t even know what it’s called, are you sure you want to spend money on it?

people aren’t born experts! I’m just having a look at it!

Macavity
    Free Member

Betting.
    Its called betting for a reason, only gamblers need apply.
    http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

people aren’t born experts!

no, but if you don’t know what you’re doing you’re going to lose. And if it’s spread betting, you’re going to lose heavily. That’s as much expertise as you need.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’m more of a butter man.

DezB
    Free Member

The only people I know that gamble regularly haven’t got enough money to start with.
    Why is that??

roper
    Free Member

Take it from someone who has worked within the “gaming” industry, on-line and at events from shops,race courses, sports events to live poker tables, on and off for quite a few years, it is not a winners game.
    Most people do lose and some lose a lot, everything.
    It is addictive and will probably cause you more problems than resolve.
    Personally, I think there should be more restrictions on the industry and advertising should have the same regulations that smoking has. Having seen what it can do and does I would not recommend it to anyone.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

I tried it for a while with shares, I focussed on one particular company which (I thought) I understood quite well. I bet on what the share price would be in 90 days time, I was usually right on the direction that the share would move but as I was scared of the losses I could incur I placed the stop loss to close to the current price and ended up losing everytime.

Basically money can be made but you need to be brave!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried bet spreading?’ is closed to new replies.