Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Anyone tried a Handjob?
  • dadster21
    Free Member

Thinking of a XC 100mm bike – CRC are doing cheap deals on Handjobs – anyone got one? Any good? Let the CoveSmut comments begin…..

Love mine- can’t recommend it highly enough- what superlatives can I use?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I had one for about three years, cracking bike

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

On my second – had one of the older geometry models, updated it to the longer travel version a couple of years back. Great bike, lots of fun to ride.

hatter

Agreed, cracking bikes and much under rated due to thier rather dated image that seems a bit stuck in the Era of Canadian Gnarcore, wallet chains and Limp Bizkit.

Had one of the old 100 mm jobbies, perfect for the vast majority of ‘U.K.’ riding. Only changed it because I fancied giving a fully rigid 29er a go.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tried it, liked it, over too quickly and was a bit messy afterwards. IGMC

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Ever since I got married.

svalgis
    Free Member

That’s hilarious!

Who’d have thought that a frame called Handjob would be the source of so many fantastically original jokes referring to the sexual act rather than the frame?

I never get tired of those. Brilliant, just brilliant.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I gave myself a hand job in the price drop sale – £220!
    (Eee…. I remember the the times when you got one for the price of half a lager and black…. 😉 )
    Seriously though, yellow frame, most parts transferred over from my old frame = it will be running at 120mm. As yet unridden as i’ve been too bliddy busy with other stuff / avoiding the shoddy weather…
    having said that – looking out the window I really should stop typing, fix the brakes and go ride – off to give blood, though….

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Your Wife/Sister/Mum (delete as applicable) does a great handjob.

retro83
    Free Member

svalgis – Member

That’s hilarious!

Who’d have thought that a frame called Handjob would be the source of so many fantastically original jokes referring to the sexual act rather than the frame?

I never get tired of those. Brilliant, just brilliant.

graemethejock

Had one for years still hangin up in the garage can’t bring myself too sell it. Great little frame ran 130 forks on it spot on…

chakaping
    Free Member

Here’s my old HJ, I’ve got very fond memories of it and it had a lovely steel feel – but it was always a bit short in the TT.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The DH BANJO is betterer.

hambl90
    Free Member

I had one and ran it with 120mm forks , best hardtail I’ve ridden and I’ve had a few.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great bits of kit IMHO..

Love mine.

6 years on, and still going strong.

And yes, the stem has been slammed since… 😳

stu1972
    Free Member

Best HT I’ve owned & ridden. Period.

Sold it on here for a steal ages ago

fivespot
    Free Member

You can’t beat a good handjob 😳

dadster21
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments. I finally plumped (if that’s the word for it) an orange Handjob with some blue finishing kit from Hope. Thinking of running it as a 1×10. Will post some piccies once I get my hands on it and have built it…….

trevron73
    Free Member

Tried a handjob and a tranny on the same day (Thailand )

Gachet
    Free Member

I built a 2012 frame up about 12 months ago, running 1 x 10:

I haven’t got a reference point as it’s the only decent steel frame I’ve owned, but it does feel quick and responsive, whilst still quite comfortable and compliant compared to previous alloy frames.

Unfortunately I can help feeling envious when I see all the Cotic Souls on here and wonder if I should have spent an extra £150 (the Cove was discounted quite heavily) or so on one of those. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has ridden both as hopefully the Cotic isn’t that much better!

sefa
    Free Member

An impressive post 🙄

mk1fan
    Free Member

Had two. Current one is running rigid and is awesomeness personified.

rOcKeTdOg

Had 2, 2nd one was a crash replacement as i broke the first one, very light (100mm versions) quite twangy tho (i was a bit of a pie eater then)

Can’t really go wrong

My 2nd one

black_job1 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

dadster21
    Free Member

Here it is – built with Hope/Crank Bros/Shimano gear.

Ginger by Dadster21, on Flickr

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Owned two – the 100mm and the 120mm corrected versions.

Preferred the earlier 100mm if i’m honest, but both great fun hardtails.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh. My. Eyes!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

tweener compatable? (thats’ 27.5)

madeupname
    Free Member

I like that you managed to get a frame to match your garage door…

Red, blue and gold on an orange frame? Could you not sneak some green/purple on there somewhere as well?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

tweener compatable? (thats’ 27.5)

Go and wash your mouth out, heretic.

steviecapt
    Free Member

yeah, in a pub was asked to leave though, but my girlfriend was allowed to stay, wander why?

dadster21
    Free Member

Red, blue and gold on an orange frame? Could you not sneak some green/purple on there somewhere as well?

Well – I still have to think about the new wheels that will ultimately have to replace the hand-me-down ones – purple rims and green hubs???

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried a Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.