Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • anyone think this is bikeable?
  • nedrapier

ilmg – those would be the rounded slippery edges I was on about! how was it? bit skippy?

Euro
    Free Member

Going down – easy. Going up – slow but doable.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

ilmg – those would be the rounded slippery edges I was on about! how was it? bit skippy?

yea they are very skippy, slippy **** lethal when wet but ok when dry, hard not to build up to much speed, very important to get mate to stay at bottom and stop any one trying to walk up it 🙂 little old lady was very impressed

Stoner
    Free Member

pah! those steps arent even moving 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Totally agree with TJ. Steps are poo.

[edit] Unless you can do this

ilovemygears
    Free Member

for extra points you have got to do it at the same time as some security guard is going mental at you…

sslowpace
    Free Member

I had to ride these down to the shops twice a week. Going back up with a pair of full shopping bags was a bit of a devil sometimes. Only in the rain though…

DezB
    Free Member

I had to ride these down to the shops twice a week

and back up again, I hope?

RealMan
    Free Member

You think you have it bad?

It’s a nightmare, keep getting lost in dimensions that I’m not sure even exist.

hora
    Free Member

Theres a double stairway with long gap in the middle outside Harvey Nicks/Selfridges here in Manchester- I watched a BMX’er clear the lot and land to flat.

**** that was awesome.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stairs? who needs stairs?

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/sports/Huge_Bike_Drop/#4332

(finally found that vid again. Been looking for it for ages, first saw it years ago)

hora
    Free Member

Centre-top of picture- doesnt look like theres many stairs but they are large ones and its a fair old distance to clear both (with a long run up and land it).

bob_summers

Sunnrider, I thought they looked familiar. Haven’t been to San telmo since it opened so will have a look.
    If you fancy a blat round Ulia or somewhere give me a shout. I’m home from work by half one during the week.

sunnrider
    Free Member

hey bob,
    I´ll be off this weekend til wednesday. So any day is fine, assuming I survive them steps 😉

aP
    Free Member

singlespeedstu

aP.

Stop nicking Marks pictures. 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sunrider, have a go and let us see the results! Those ones from Ulia to Gros are great for getting your confidence first. The Steps of Death are just stupid…. stupid risk and it doesn’t even feel nice when you’re doing it. It’s just putting your bum on the back tyre and keeping the bars straight. I did a video of me riding them somewhere.

Good luck with it and enjoy.

P.S. We’ve aready done step 1 of the Hebden exchange, Ed Oxley visited us here. In fact he’s already quite famous around San Sebastian 😉

aP
    Free Member

Stu – can you dig out the one without the photoshopping?

singlespeedstu

This one. 😀

2006_0402steps by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Olly
    Free Member

Christ, on a CX bike, ide be terrified of imploding wheels
    as for the OP yes, no worries, on a street bike with 100mm forks.
    at uni was just getting into gapping step sets with a single “mid way” flat bit: (off the top, skip out the first steps and the mid landing, and land on the second set as downlope)
    except just as i was getting confident, i binned it big and was off the bike for a fair while. Haven’t tried since

but if just riding down them, no problems popping off the top a bit and buzzing down them (just cant commit to the flat out hoon)
    the faster the better 🙂 (up to point, actually, not at all, ignore that)

Rorschach
    Free Member

jedi

sunnrider, you’re on my cancellation list dude ::

Northwind

Just looks like some steps to me, easy enough. I spent my formative years riding down flights of steps :mrgreen:

stevenieve
    Free Member

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘anyone think this is bikeable?’ is closed to new replies.