• This topic has 90 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Bream.
Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Anyone taken on a second nationality?
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Top knowledge, many thanks 🙂

biggee

I’m quite happy having a NZ passport as well….
    It just means more options when everything goes completely tits up here.

leffeboy

Turns out that Belgium appears to be quite easy. They have both language and ‘integration’ requirements but working and paying tax here for 5 years appears to cover both

If only they had good beer….

andy4d

I am British, married to an Irish lady and have lived 20 years in Ireland. I looked into getting an Irish passport last year and I have to become a citizen first and that costs about €1,000. So I just renewed my British passport……for now.

igm

Check rules on dual nationality boys and girls.

I think Germany for example allow dual nationality with another EU state but not a non-EU one.

I may be wrong it assuming I’m right getting dualed now is sensible – in Germany at least.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

That is true. German friend had to give his up when he took Australian citizenship.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Going to (try and) get Italian dual nationality, not for me so much but my eldest daughter is expressing a desire to go to university in yurp

nickfrog
    Free Member

I already have a second nationality (French) but I need a first one in order not to be kicked out (British) potentially – problem is I don’t think you can have both although my wife and kids are British.

My main issue is of principle – if I am not wanted here I’ll **** off back to Frogland. But then who will run my British export business employing British people and who will contribute to the economy (including fiscally) as much as I do ?

What I really dislike is being used as a negotiating pawn. We have no negotiating leverage against the 27 so we the EU nationals seem to be the gvt only negotiating asset, which is a serious worry.

Edukator
    Free Member

I have French and British, nickfrog. There are all sorts of conventions between Britain and France over and above EU treaties which makes having both quite simple on a practical level.

kayla1
    Free Member

I looked into getting an Irish passport last year and I have to become a citizen first and that costs about €1,000

Hell’s teeth! I can apply for Irish citizenship (grandparents on my deadbeat dad’s side) too but that’s a bit spendy 😯

Bream
    Free Member

6 months later and I’ve not heard a thing, application still in process 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Anyone taken on a second nationality?’ is closed to new replies.