anyone switch to carbon forks

Home Forum Bike Forum anyone switch to carbon forks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone switch to carbon forks
  • steve_b77

I’ve ridden on steel rigids for winter and they’re great. Fair to say a good rigid will be better than a crapola pair of ‘suspension’ forks

eskay

Yes, made the switch recently. My 26″ hardtail had crap suspension forks on and I could not afford a decent replacement so I bought some Exotic rigids. I rode the Wentwood 50 on them a few weeks ago for the first time and really enjoyed the ride. It flew up the uphills and was fast on the flat, it was a rough ride on some of the descents but overall a good ride.

Having said that, I grew up riding rigid steel mtbs and do a bit of cross racing so I am used to not sitting in a cushioned arm chair!

stuarty

Anyone swop to carbon forks
    Just was out on hardtail this morning

Just wondered how it would go with lighter forks mine are cheap steel oil filled jobs none of these hitec jobs
    Not doing much more than coastal path stuff at the minuet

Any recommendations

stuarty

Struggling to find some thing modern looking…
    I like the style of niners fork but..my head stocks old school 1 1/8 and doent want canti spuds on tbhem either

rewski

I’ve got white bros rock solids on my 26 HT, great with a big tyre and lowish psi.

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

You could always try the On-One Monococque Forks – my experience has only been with their standard carbon fork which has been great, these look a bit more swanky.

Couipled with a decent size front tyre, ie On-One Chunky Monkey, will be spot on for your intended use.

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

I decided to go steel when I was looking at rigid forks. A good slice cheaper (and a few hundred grammes heavier) but lots of people say they love how the Salsa Cromoto handles, so I got them.

And I’m very happy with them. Bike looks good with them on, got ’em sprayed to match when I got the frame done.

Premier Icon jairaj
    Subscriber

I fitted Exotic Carbon forks to my old Spec Hardrock and loved it. It came with some crappy RST forks that were un-damped and felt horrible.

Swapped to the rigid forks and the front end was much more predictable and I was having much more fun on the bike.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’d rather have rigids than bad suspension, great fun. But it’s not really the same thing, if I was only going to have one mountain bike it wouldn’t be rigid. Worth investing in a decent size tyre too though!

Exotic are good. Hylix do a very light, reasonably priced one for 29ers (or “long travel” hardtails)

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Exotic Carbon are very good.
    They would get my vote.

eskay

Worth investing in a decent size tyre too though!

Out of interest, what do you use?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone switch to carbon forks’ is closed to new replies.