Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone successfully claimed compensation from Evri/Hermes?
  • Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

This is a bit of a saga. Basically, I dropped a parcel off at a local Tesco 2 months ago which shows up on the tracking data. After that, nothing. Its either gone missing from Tesco or when the Evri van picked it up.

I paid extra for insurance and submitted a claim after 3 weeks. I have since had to refund my buyer.

Anyway, when I made my claim they said I had to allow them 28 working days for them to review it and they are a couple of days past that timeline now. I have contacted them again but they haven’t replied.

I’m certain Royal Mail would have paid out by now. Abysmal customer “service”, if you can call it that…

steveh

I’ve been paid before, took a little while but wasn’t bad.

welshfarmer

3 out of the last 4 orders we have made that were to be delivered by EVRI have failed to arrive. It has got som bad we now refuse to buy from a retailer that uses them for delivery. Being receivers we have always got our money back, but must be a PITA for the senders of all these parcels.

Good luck, hope you get the compensation due soonish.

BadlyWiredDog

I got full, reasonably quick, compensation for a lost package from Evri via eBay Packlink with no problems. I always take a pic of the parcel before I drop it off fwiw, for some reason they ask(ed) for an image. Packlink were fine to deal with, I’ve never had direct dealings with Evri though.

bruneep

Yes had to eventually pester them on twitter and using the CEO email, some intern replied but eventually got full value compensation.

properbikeco
    Free Member

as the sender through ebay paclink

quite often as the receiver through the original retailer, they are utterly useless locally; multiple times courier has ditched parcels in a field which have then disappeared

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

OK, update time. They are now claiming that they delivered my Parcel to the GSP on Tuesday, a whole 2 months later. It was MIA for 5 weeks, then they allegedly find it but it takes another 3 weeks for them to send it to the GSP. I’m a little bewildered by the whole scenario now.

I refunded the buyer about a month ago and I doubt he’s particularly interested in receiving it, over 2 months later. I gave up checking the tracking after that and let them have the 28 working days they asked for. (could they have updated the tracking retrospectively because I was checking it constantly when the buyer was on my case?) They now consider it case closed because they reckon its delivered. I can only talk to a chat-bot now but I’m unable to tell them the exact issue with it’s preset questions and answers.

I don’t even know what the GSP will do with the parcel because I refunded the guy and the transaction has been effectively cancelled.

Tracking info discovered this morning after Evri refused to engage with me. GSP normally tell you when they receive a parcel but they’re silent so far…

We’re expecting it
    13:37 – Sun Mar 05
    We’re expecting your parcel to arrive with us soon and we’ll update your tracking once we’ve received it
    We’ve got it
    14:40 – Sun Mar 05
    We’ve received your parcel at the ParcelShop and will be collecting it shortly
    17:12 – Sat Apr 08
    We’ve collected your parcel
    16:14 – Sun Apr 30
    We’re processing your parcel at our hub
    On its way
    16:47 – Sun Apr 30
    We’ve got your parcel and we’re processing it for you
    11:06 – Mon May 01
    Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we’ll let you know when it’s out for delivery
    Out for delivery
    Delivered
    08:13 – Tue May 02
    Your parcel has been delivered and signed for at the delivery address

I have used this outfit loads of times, without issue, but this is beyond a joke…

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

This gets better and better…

Update on your item sold through the Global Shipping Programme.
    eBay

YOUR ITEM IS ON ITS WAY
    Dear Michael,

We are writing to inform you that your recent transaction through the Global Shipping Programme has dispatched from the Global Shipping Centre.

You should receive additional automated updates regarding delivery status.

Oh well, hope the guy enjoys his free item…

oldtennisshoes

GSP as in delivery to a none UK address?
    If you refunded the buyer through ebay, I’d expect it to all work out. I’m not entirely sure what that could mean in this situation though. Maybe they’ll refund the refund or return the item to you. I guess it depends on item value.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Yes, Global shipping program forwarding it on to the Czech Republic IIRC. £70 value, paid for additional insurance. Royal Mail is more expensive for larger items and once you go over £50 value, you have to use Special delivery. The opening hours of Parcel shops are also handy.

I had no choice but to refund the guy as I would have lost a dispute. Who is going to wait 2 months for an item, presumed lost?

What a mess…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.