Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone stupid enough to chase Strava times and crash in the process?!
  • endurokid
    Free Member

So,

In my infinite wisdom I went for the KOM on Jacobs Ladder in the Peaks, I ended up crashing hard and I’m now battered & bruised but learnt a valuable lesson, just ride my bloody bike and forget about Strava!!

I’m also unsure if I should replace my lid, it isn’t cracked but does have a small ding, I’m just worried I’ve damaged the integrity of the helmet and another crash could see it smash in to a thousand pieces, advice on this would be great.

Let the abuse begin on my ‘Strava’ stupidity!! 🙂

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Personally I’d replace the helmet. Unlucky on the kom

Shred
    Free Member

Not going for a KOM but a PB on a long climb with a sharp descent on the other side. On the way down I left my braking a bit late for the closed gate at the bottom and ended up in the fence. No real damage, just a bruised ego.

MrNice
    Free Member

didn’t crash as it was up hill, did wind up puking in the ditch after I finished 🙁

it’s currently ankle deep in mud so I reckon the KOM is mine at least until it dries out again

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I don’t need to be chasing a Kom to fall off 😳

nuke

Anyone stupid enough to chase Strava times and crash in the process?!

Plenty. But if you never crash, you’re not pushing yourself and if you’re not pushing yourself, you’re not going to become a better rider 😈

banks
    Free Member

Speed is your friend, going too slow Aaron!

endurokid
    Free Member

Strava’s got a lot to answer for 😳

I’ve emailed the shop to enquire about a crash replacement on my lid, fingers crossed!

Karl33to
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve crashed a couple of times chasing KOM’s sprained a wrist the once and a deep cut to cut my knee the other. All part of the fun of pushing it to your limits.

Kom’s are a lot harder to come by nowadays though so tend to be content with a top 90%+ finish.

endurokid
    Free Member

Rick, you know I was going at a fair speed by where I placed on the decent!!

endurokid
    Free Member

@Karl.

I agree, I still placed 10th out of 1000+ plus so I was still happy!!

hazza123
    Free Member

I seemed to have confused strava when i fell off whilst using it. haha.
    [/url]
    IMG_1247[1] by bikerider27, on Flickr[/img]

endurokid
    Free Member

Haha, awesome ^

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone stupid enough to chase Strava times and crash in the process?!’ is closed to new replies.