Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Anyone still riding, ragging, jumping and loving their hardtail aged 35+ ?
  • messiah
    Free Member

43 and ride a BMX… OMTFU (Old Man The etc etc)

timnwild

Me. Cotic Soul. 38. Still telling myself that I’m a few months from really nailing the black run jumps 😉 Determined to ride the hardtail everywhere I can.

eshershore
    Free Member

was 40 this summer.

sold my last FS (Devinci Dixon) last January and bought a 29’er hardtail (carbon stumpy)

never missed the FS in the South-East of England, find the hardtail is more fun to ride, I go faster and much easier to look after in Winter

could only see myself buying a FS if I moved somewhere with lots of elevations and rocks (not the South-East then..)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigjim

what a bunch of old fogies, I thought everyone here was young and fast.

I’m 35 and don’t ride my hardtail very often, partly as it’s a dj and too small for xc riding, and partly because it is rock solid and gives me terrible back ache. Wouldn’t mind having a ‘proper’ hardtail for mincing around the local hills and glentress in the winter though.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

I did not get mine till I was 39, having not been on a bike for over 20 years, that was 18 months ago, got a nice shiney road bike too now 🙂

Saving up to build a Cotic Solaris now too

BigDummy
    Free Member

35 this year. I got over very serious back problems 9 years ago and have been injury-free since then (wood touched) with plenty of pilates.

I have a full-sus, but mainly ride hardtails.

Losidan
    Free Member

I’m 40 and still booting about. Go as long as you want. Theres a chap over 60 who still races bmx regularly.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

f##k me lad – I’m a grandad and I still ride and rag 3 hardtails. Might take a bit longer to pick up and dust down, but christ you’re asking this question ‘cos you’re reaching 30……

Northwind

bigjim – Member

I’m 35

Then you are officially old, according to this thread.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only ever owned a HT and quite fancy the Kimesis FF29 as a new bike. But getting to an age when feel the back could do with a FS!!!

Trekster

Have a Blue Pig and an auld Kona Dawg

Went to Chatel last year 😆

Did the Dunkeld Enduro this year and next weekend is Dalbeattie Hardrock Challenge duathalon, the only event I usually do.

59 :mrgreen:

Knackered back means the auld Dawg is getting more use atm but will be mothballed for the winter and until I decide on a final fling abroad next yr 💡

yunki
    Free Member

Most posters on this thread are in their teens and twenties..

But you must remember that on STW it’s cool to lie and pretend that you are a boring old middle aged tit who does everything in life excruciatingly sensibly..

coopersport1
    Free Member

35 and finish Ironbike in july on a HT. Still can’t feel hands or toes but the feeling is coming back!

BigJohn

Most posters on this thread are in their teens and twenties..

In their minds. However the saggy bits on their bodies indicate otherwise.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just hit 43. Had Yeti, Trek and Spesh FS bikes, but just feel I ride faster on my hardtails or rigids. So bouncys were binned. Now have a 456c , Scandal and Pipedream SS Ti. I am a riding god and ride faster than anyone ( well until some young whippet screams passed !)
    Ride with guys who are pensioners and we now discuss doctors notes and aged injuries over what we pulled and drunken times of the past.

haggis1978

Got mostly hardtails and am 35. Not sure which I’m faster on as I’ve not timed myself but I know for sure age isn’t slowing me down. I’ve been biking for 20 years and I’m actually sure I’m faster now downhill than I used to be. Love raggin all my bikes.

singlecrack
    Free Member

43 here ….and I can still crash like a 20 yr old ……..just takes longer to get back up .. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@beligabob – unicycle that’s excellent, photos required on here once you are riding it.

bigjim

Then you are officially old, according to this thread.

well I can’t seem to stand up or sit down without saying ooof these days

imp999
    Free Member

50 here. Kinesis HT.
    2007 Meta stripped frame on the wall gathering dust after I used its bits for the K. after 2 years.
    I remember listening to old boys saying they didn’t feel 50 or whatever and thinking “Yeah, right – Bravado BS”
    I don’t feel 50………..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign here. It’s a handful. I love it. 44 in three weeks

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Anyone still riding, ragging, jumping and loving their hardtail aged 35+ ?’ is closed to new replies.