Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone spot any deals on a new non-boost 29 rear wheel?
  • kneed

Long shot I know! There’s lots of boost stuff on sale but I need 142×12 for a second hand frame.

I’m looking for a new (preferably) decent budget rear (£100 ish) : internal 25-30mm rim, Shimano 11 speed.

snaps
    Free Member
    kneed

Tempting! But that’s well – over my budget

transporter13
    Free Member

Superstar have a sale on if it helps.. I picked up a pair of wheels from them in their last sale for 65 quid

kneed

I could get a custom build from them on a V3 hub for nearly £127 (after discount) so I’m in the ball park at least!

kneed

Thanks Simon – that is actually very reasonable! But I just dont need another front and I could do with the extra cash for other stuff.

transporter13
    Free Member

Shame that.. When I last looked they had some left.. Seems like they only have 1 pair of lime rimmed 26 inch wheels left.

What about ordering a pair of boost hubbed wheels and changing out the rear hub?
    Black35 code gets them down to 65 quid again

kneed

Thanks Transporter: I’m not with you on the last point.

I thought you couldnt convert a boost hub to non-boost: just the other way.

transporter13
    Free Member

I was suggesting swapping the rear hub out and rebuilding with a non boost hub.. It may be a bit of hassle initially but could still work out pretty cheap if you can build a wheel…. Or even if not.. Always worth learning👍😂

transporter13
    Free Member

Merlin have something suitable also if it’s if any use to you

https://www.merlincycles.com/pro-build-chosen-hub-alex-volar-trail-wheels-29-82077.html

kneed

Ah – gotcha on the hub swap.

Merlin have an extra 5% off those volar’s too: that’s looking good!

transporter13
    Free Member

Even better👍😉

Poopscoop

I bought a pair of new/take offs Pro 4’s laced onto those Volar 29″ rims.

Was a little concerned about the rims initially but they have proven rock solid in use. Tubeless has proven an absolute doddle on them too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone spot any deals on a new non-boost 29 rear wheel?’ is closed to new replies.