Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone split up from their Wife and left some bike kit behind?
  • dribbling
    Free Member

Shopping around for some pedals on fleabay the other day, I came across a listing for an odd-box of bike kit including pedals etc, which was old kit left by ex-husband by all accounts. I interpeted this as being as the divorce had obviously happened, a long time had passed and this was just needed out of the house…we agreed a price, paid and a shoe box full of bits duly arrived.

Once I’d opened it though, it occured to me that this was some poor chap’s bits and pieces that I’d bought, because for whatever reason he hadn’t collected, or for all I know, been allowed to collect.

I would like to try and re-unite the owner with his kit, but realise this is a long shot – does anyone know of who this may be; there are bike pumps, gloves, SPD cleats & pedals. I only paid £16 including delivery, thinking that I’d just flog everything apart from the pedals I wanted and make my money back…however, seeing it I know this is just wrong; not sure why it didn’t occur to me when I bid – going through that moral self-examination at the moment!

I won’t list the makes & models etc unless confirmed by anyone claiming to be the owner, but the key is that there is a pack from Evans cycles for a Felt bike in there – confirming details of this bike with description of the kit is enough for me.

If you, or know anyone who’s this kit may be, please drop me a line so I can re-unite them with their stuff; I don’t want anything for the stuff, but if it needs to be posted, a contribution to cover postage would be welcome.

Thanks, Rich

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you, or know anyone who’s this kit may be, please drop me a line so I can re-unite them with their stuff; I don’t want anything for the stuff, but if it needs to be posted, a contribution to cover postage would be welcome.

Good work. Worthy!

GW
    Free Member

I had an ex take a hammer to a bike once.

Just use the stuff, it may well have had a lucky escape 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about it, you know nothing about the situation and the woman could just as easily have been the ‘victim’ eg, he might have walked out on her.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Where the seller is based might be a useful bit of info.

footflaps

I gave an ex-GF a set of Talas forks, bloody annoyed I didn’t get them back when we split up, she wasn’t worth £600 worth of forks!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is the bike equivalent of the record collection for sale in hi-fidelity?

dribbling
    Free Member

London based. Think my initial thoughts were just that it’s one if those situations; I may as well be the one to benefit as anyone else , but once I got it, suddenly felt a bit……wrong!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

……she wasn’t worth £600 worth of forks!

Surely knocking boots with an actual female who is interested in mountain bikes is worth something, no matter how brief?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but once I got it, suddenly felt a bit……wrong!

I know the feeling. Specially when his clothes are still hanging in the wardrobe.

dribbling
    Free Member

I have a feeling I’m not going to find the owner!

Nick

Maybe he died?

dribbling
    Free Member

Maybe he violated the cat! Thinking I’m questioning something I shouldn’t now…

takisawa2

Perhaps she killed him. There could well be DNA on that kit.
    I’d call Scotland Yard sharpish. Ask for Detective Drebin….Frank Drebin.

Cougar

Surely not!

globalti
    Free Member

Erm…. I went out with a woman whose hubby had died. She gave me some of his stuff including some touring skis, none of which I felt able to use in her presence.

drlex
    Free Member

Having read of various “escapades” on BikeRadar, and knowing that plenty of members live in that there London village, you might stick a thread up in the Commuting bit.

P.S. commendable attitude; well done!

hels
    Free Member

I have to admit, my first thought was that the bloke is probably dead and the grieving widow didn’t want to say that and ruin the chance of a sale. But I’m cynical by nature and have very little faith in the humans.

spchantler
    Free Member

where do second hand bike bits come from? visiting eastwood tip some years ago, i spotted a frame, it looked ok so asked the tip bloke for it. tuned out to be a Terry Dolan frame with a mixture of campag record and veloce, no wheels. it looked like it had been in a crash, had a scrape down the saddle and on the crank. i had it checked and put some wheels in it and still use it. i often wonder where it came from, any ideas? oh yes hebden bridge area

soma_rich
    Free Member

Good work man. If we ever meet I will buy you a drink!

ononeorange

Good work and highly commendable.

Incidentally, are there any mint sauce cufflinks in there?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

That isn’t a bike pump

dribbling
    Free Member

No mint sauce cufflinks although I’m intrigued by this clothing accessory you speak of; I shall google.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone split up from their Wife and left some bike kit behind?’ is closed to new replies.