Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone sold their bike to webuyanybike?
  • chrisyork

Just wondering, their ad popped up on my Instagram the other day, I’ve read and found one forum article where they sadly bought a bike off someone who said it was a 2015 model and it was actually a 2011 model and it seems it was a genuine mistake from the company to not list it correctly.

Seems like a good idea anyway to sell a bike but wondered if anyone else had used them? Are they a real rip-off or is it worth it getting a quote at least?

Thought I’d check here before trying myself.

Many thanks

nbt

they do motorbikes don’t they? Don’t motorbikes have registration plates that allow you to see what year it is?

weeksy

Yes but plenty of bikes are older models registered later. Plenty of KTMs for exmaple sold on a 2012 for a 990 Superduke they stopped making in 2008.

rt60
    Free Member

I tried to sell one of my bikes to them a couple of weeks ago, they said it was too old, so no they don’t buy any bike!

mjsmke

Are we talking about MTBs or just motorbikes?

lucky7500

Having had a brief look at the trustpilot reviews, and assuming this is about motorbikes, I personally wouldn’t go anywhere near them.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a cycle one come up on FB, might have been the same thing. I’ve got a 2020 P7 to sell cos It’s too big. It’s immaculate & was £2200 new, they offered me………….

£660.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Why would you, the 2nd hand bike market is crazy at the moment.
    Stick it on FB marketplace and fend off all stupid offers.

jaylittle
    Free Member

My cousin used to work for them, he’d set off in a van with a sack full of cash to buy the bikes customers had arranged to sell. Once there he would further knock the price down as much as possible.

This was a few years ago now

trail_rat
    Free Member

There are other companies doing this with less advertising budget and better reputation

Old man sold his 2017 xjr1300 to one of them.

Sent in detailed photos of it , they offered full market used private price
    The lad came to view it paid full offer. But it was represented as it stood nothing hidden.

After he had it loaded the lad said it was already sold.

that said it was absolutely mint low miles with all the options ticked and not in a shit colour

Worked out well for the old man as he had to fly back from France to deal with the guy and didn’t have time to deal with tire kickers.

They did the same with their car before they left . Let then get rid of it on a predetermined date saved hiring a car.

Didn’t use we buy any car for that either.

chrisyork

I was referring to MTB selling, I can’t stand selling things, being let down by idiots who don’t turn up or tyre kickers so was thinking for a few hundred less than I expected I would look at selling that way.

But If they really rinse you on price then as mentioned earlier that sounds like a no-go.

Bugger!

chrisyork

Sorry to confirm it’s a company called webuycycle

ibnchris

Any of these sites are going to rinse you on price. For their model to stack up they effectively have to offer you about half what they might get for it. Especially with bikes. Stick it on here or on eBay.

Or find a mate who will sell it for you for 10% commission?

monkeyboyjc

2nd hand vehicle market is having a bit of a boom – why would you use them?
    Sold my car recently – was offered 4.5k from webuyanycar, sold it privately for 10k…..

Merak

@5plusn8 has it.

Crazy to even think about it. It’s summer, I could have sold my bike 10 times over.

I sold it with two days and refused to take a penny less than I advertised it for which was £500 more than I paid for it two years ago.

It’s a seller’s market people!

chrisyork

I just hear horror stories of a stolen car keys being used at collateral, also don’t like the idea of anyone coming to my house as you don’t know who will turn up (we’ve been broken into in previous house before) don’t even like the idea of meeting someone in a random place.

Anyway sounds like it’s worth selling anyway, thanks folks

5plusn8
    Free Member

Meet on the steps of your local cop shop.
    I once sold a motorbike in the reception of a police station, cops were glad to help.

weeksy

Local cop shop, they don’t exist any more.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I live in a city, so mine is the head office!
    Admittedly when I last did this it was 1998 and Southampton where I lived at the time was in the middle of a motorbike crime epidemic, they guy buying thought I had knicked the bike so I said, lets go to the cop shop and do the transaction there. Cops checked frame no’s and my docs and buyer was over the moon. They also checked his cash with their funny light and I dropped my change in their charity box.

It was a different time tho..

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Have sold loads of cycles in the past mainly on here normally you can tell people are ok by the questions and from Emails also have sold some from house and quite a few from motorway service stations where there is always people about have had couple of w—–s where I took the bike to service station but you live and learn last bike I sold guy came down to Cheltenham from Durham so hardly a time wasters which he was not nice chap cash in hand.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sold their bike to webuyanybike?’ is closed to new replies.