Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone sent a bike to Austria ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

or have any suggestions for the cheapest insured way to do it ?

stuey
    Free Member

Australia have strict rules on no used tyres/ ‘contaminated mud’ on imported bikes – so no tyres or BNIB

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cost-sending-a-mountain-bike-to-western-australia

few years back – but worth a gander.

Jamie
    Free Member

Note to self: Never allow Stuey to book my plane tickets.

andytherocketeer

Lol @ the hemispherically challenged one.

Is this a 1 way transportation or there and back?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Where, what and why? I’m driving to Salzburg at the weekend and you cant be too far from me…..

stuey
    Free Member

Ooops – <card carrying dyslexic>

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When I air freighted mine to Australia (yes I did read the title and it’s probably relevant) as I was following them my home insurance covered them as in transit. Freight insurance probably won’t get close to the value. Look at a freight broker or similar for a good price. (transglobal express did mine) just be prepared to mod the box size as generally they are about 5cm over on max girth.

thepodge
    Free Member

Ooooh I’ll be in Salzburg in a couple of weeks, can you recommend anything in the area?

wallop

Schnitzels.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I send my Frame back to Germany (close to Austria – so figure its relavent) a month ago, i used http://www.bikeflights.com, who where excellent – i got an email at every transfer point and could track the frame all the way back to Nicolai, cost me £85 and that was tracked, 3-5 working days and fully insured for £2000

couple of things – the company is based in USA, so the time difference means they only reply afternoon evenining time, and once you have paid for the lables, they get emailed and can arrive next day so don’t panic about the little contact

in short everything worked perfectly and they even do round trips.

granny_ring

Had a flashback to dumb and dumber there Stuey 🙂

mrlugz
    Free Member

+1 for bikeflights. Used them to ship my Krampus to Sweden. Great service.

sofaking
    Free Member

thanks all . professorfaceplant and mrlugz will give them a look

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone sent a bike to Austria ?’ is closed to new replies.