Viewing 3 posts - 161 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Anyone seen this about the Master’s Track World Champs
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I will be honest, I’ve read back over my posts and some of the others, and whilst I don’t regret what I said and I still agree with my own sentiment, I feel it’s not really that important.
    This may be because I have discovered that I may be seen as being on the same team as Hatie Vomit Face Plopkins, which is quite disturbing.

Her tweet is here, edited link as I don’t want to actually increase her reach as it were.

OLDBAGTWEETSHEREtwatter.com/KTHopkins/status/1051522609677029377

thelawnet
    Free Member

> 2) The Olympic Committee recently changed their guidelines to not ask for sex but the amount of testosterone in blood. They reduced the limit to (I think) 5 nmol/l. It’s very possible for women with XX chromosomes to be around this level of testosterone. People suffering with PCOS are often around this level and that’s not even considered an intersex condition.

That was the point. The level was set based on the maximum level of a non-intersex woman, albeit one with PCOS.

It’s by the way not true that 5nmol/l is a common level. The max normal range is 2 nmol/l. Anything above 2 nmol/l you could be suffering all kinds of complciations from hirsutism to infertility, quite possibly requiring medication even with PCOS, 5 nmol/l would be an extreme level associated not with elite athletes but more likely with obesity.

The median female athlete has testosterone around 0.6 nmol/l.

thelawnet
    Free Member

> But how many Caster Semenya are there and how many have there ever been? It’s almost statistically irrelevant. She is a genetic anomaly as much as Michael Phelps is and as such should be allowed to compete on level terms with other women. History will record the facts.

Not really. Semenya has XY chromosomes. This is not comparable to, say, ‘being extraordinarily tall’. Semenya was raised as a girl because of a genetic disorder (normal male levels of testosterone, but no DHT) resulting in ambiguous/female genitals. However being the possessor of testicles Semenya produces testosterone in the normal male range.

Viewing 3 posts - 161 through 163 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen this about the Master’s Track World Champs’ is closed to new replies.