Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone seen my stolen bike? (5yrs on…)
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

I only ask because it was a very special paint job.

Giant NRS (remember them?) in metallic black with custom US-imported silver/gold flames and lettering. Beautiful. Sigh.

It was stolen in broad daylight outside a busy Glasgow Uni library, so the thief clearly knew it was of value. They must have sold it on to someone else who also knew it was of value, so surely SOMEONE out there has seen my baby?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Somewhat optimistic methinks!

robertgray05
    Free Member

Yes, for sure.

But it’s the sort of paint job you’d notice (if you’re a bike geek, as most of us on here are) and maybe even comment on.

neninja
    Free Member

Sadly it probably got a Halfords rattle can paint job within days of its disappearance

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m going to try then as well… Both of these were stolen in York about 10 years ago. The Chameleon was the replacement for the Zaskar 🙁

1997 GT Zaskar (ball burnished, of course!) / yellow Z2 BAMs, XTR V-brakes / Hope and Mavic wheelset / Syncros post and stem / red Titec seat / red X-Lite risers with yellow Onza grips

1999 SC Chameleon (polished) / black Z1 BAMs / blue Hope hubs on Mavic D321 CDs / Azonic bar and stem / Bontrager seat and post / Hope front brake and XT V rear

Must be out there somewhere still… look on eBay occasionally. Got a set of Bombers in the cellar ready to give someone a beating.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

we came across a customers bike that went walkabout in the local cash converters today….local plod are on it as we speak.bike went missing a good six months ago…

noteeth
    Free Member

Normally, I never let my bike out of my sight, but in a moment of madness in late december 1996 I left my S-Works locked up inside the quad of Keble College Oxford. Some ****er (probably another student or a college/university employee – the place had gated access) stripped everything off it (including Middleburn Cranks, old style XT thumbies & Ti Ringle skewers – all of which are greatly missed).

Still annoys me today.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

including Middleburn Cranks, old style XT thumbies & Ti Ringle skewers

That was someones Xmas presents sorted then wasn’t it?

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like Psychle’s missus was on the rob 🙂

noteeth
    Free Member

I’d like to hope that the Deore XT thumbies weren’t just sold for crack…

Pierre

Fifteen years on, I suspect my lovely ’92 Kona Cinder Cone stolen in Leicester (upgrades: new wheels, Sachs Quarz hubs, the new Shimano V-brakes, lots of X-Lite kit) has long since expired. I loved that bike.

: P

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve just realised that I’ve never sold an adult size bike, they’ve always been stolen instead. The first theft was the most gutting, ye olde Muddy Fox. Bastards… I guess they’re all in landfill now.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Back in 1990 i had a amazing Emmelle MTB stole from outside my house. it was locked to the wheelie bin. it was dark blue. last seen in East Kent
    if anyone sees it, drop me a line

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen my stolen bike? (5yrs on…)’ is closed to new replies.