Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone seen frogspawn yet?
  • hillingdonbanana
    Free Member

There was a single (presumably randy) frog in our garden pond tonight… I wouldn’t be surprised to see the fruits of froggy passion in the next few days.

The first batch last year was overnight on 9/10th March, so it would be very early.

Ambrose

A girl in my class found some in her (Carmarthenshire) garden on Tuesday.

somafunk

Nae frogs yet but I did kill a mosquito in the bathroom earlier tonight

hillingdonbanana
    Free Member

Looks like I still have a chance in being the first sighting around West London

Frog and Toad Spawn survey

wukfit
    Free Member

My friend had some in his pond on Tuesday, 2 weeks later than last year apparently (isle of wight)

hooja
    Free Member

Saw loads up on Exmoor two days ago, very early!

sheck

We had at least 9 frogs going for it in our pond on Thursday… plenty of frogspawn already by then

nordboy70
    Free Member

Yep, Wednesday, mountain biking along a route obviously not used much which runs next to a river, looked in the puddles I was riding through, frogspawn!! I thought it was bloody early too!! Be surprised if they survive should it get dryer over the next few weeks though?

eskay

My pond looks like it is boiling at the moment with frog activity. There were three big lumps of spawn last weekend.

Twodogs

Loads in our pond in S Wales and puddles on black trail at Brechfa were full of it last weekend

ElShalimo

Saw some earlier today on a path near Ruthin

Ewan
    Free Member

Nothing in our pond. I’ll go out and yell some encouragement.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

No frog or toad spawn but 10 newts in the pond. Have seen a couple of bats out too.

Vader
    Free Member

Swallows reported in Dorset and Cornwall apparently. I hope they packed thermals.

Several bees about in Edinburgh yesterday too.

CountZero

Honey bees on my pots of heather a couple of weeks ago, there were more on some hedge blossom in Bath today, with lots of pollen already collected, and there were bumblebees buzzing around a new drystone wall that Dominic West has had built around his place in Slaughterford this afternoon, looking for suitable nesting spots. Not had any bumblebees in my garden yet, probably only a matter of time – there were loads about last year.
    No frog spawn, no ponds around here for them to spawn in.
    A honeybee, earlier today…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Anyone ever found male frogs grappling away with a lady frog they’ve drowned?

We had loads lat year, dirty beggars

Big fat bumble bee in the garden today.

onehundredthidiot

Lots of frog spawn and three newts spotted at Ae. Bumble bee and wasp helped out of rooms on Friday.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, 2 weeks back, on the diverted climb on the Wall.

bikecurious
    Free Member

Lots this weekend and last in sirhowy valley, south Wales.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nah,but the Boros f of the Devils spawn at the moment.

CheesybeanZ

Lots in the fod today.

onehundredthidiot

And a cukoo heard too.

welshfarmer

Tonnes of spawn out on the mountain yesterday. I even found this little fella led on the track

Oh, and yesterday morning my ducks were busy chomping down frogs, so plenty of them about. I expect the otter and heron to be here soon, feasting.

footflaps

In the SE we’ve had Hedgehogs out for a few weeks now, saw bumble bees and butterflies in the garden at the weekend, proper T shirt and shorts weather.

redthunder
    Free Member

Garden pond full of spawn.

Brimstone just floated past in the garden.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen frogspawn yet?’ is closed to new replies.