Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone running Maxxis DHR2 Wide Trails on
  • carlos
    Free Member

Normal width rims (28mm internal to be exact)?

Looks like I’ve picked up the 2.4 WT version of the tyre and on the back of the packaging I’ve just noticed the WT bit. Says its optimised for 35mm inner width rims.

Fit and forget or take back and swap for the non WT version?

Cheers

Carlos

sweaman2
    Free Member

Reading this…. Blister comparison I think you’ll be okay unless you’re on the ragged edge.

To quote “My initial impressions have held true: these tires are not worlds different than the regular DHF and DHRII. Switching back and forth between the Wide Trail tires and non-WT versions of the same tires, the differences are noticeable, but subtle”

carlos
    Free Member

Nice one. An interesting read. I might just call the shop and check they’ve not ordered it in some specifically for someone before fitting it, what’s the worst that can happen?

honourablegeorge

Running 2.5 DHF on 29mm internal flow, will be paired up with a 2.4 DHR rear tomorrow if the courier ever gets his finger out

I’d be keeping it, “optimised for 35mm” doesn’t mean “won’t work ith 28mm”

carlos
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

I’d be keeping it,

Yeah, I am inclined to keep and fit it, but as above, I’m going to check with the shop it’s not someone else’s tyre that’s been ordered in specially and given to me in error, as the delivery had only just turned up and they just grabbed the first DHR 2 they saw, out of the box.

It’s a freebie to me so I didn’t pay that much attention to it tbh.

Carlos

carlos
    Free Member

Well the shop wasn’t aware that they had been sent the WT versions anyway, so I’ve kept it, its gone on Ok, went up tubeless with a track pump and tbh doesn’t seem any different to the non WT versions. size wise it feels the same, even though its 2.4 and the other one is 2.3.

Not ridden it out yet, so can’t comment on that side of things at the moment and that’s if I even notice a difference

Carlos

benpinnick

size wise it feels the same, even though its 2.4 and the other one is 2.3

It probably is the same size. Your 2.3 would have been a bit wider than 2.3 on a 28mm rim, and your 2.4 will be a bit narrower than intended, and its only 2.5mm to start….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running Maxxis DHR2 Wide Trails on’ is closed to new replies.