Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone running an Exposure RedEye?
  • scratch
    Free Member

I’ve been using Smart Lunar’s for the past couple of winters, there fine but anything brighters good.

Anyone use one? Any brighter than your standard rear LED?

RealMan
    Free Member

I haven’t run one, but I know a few people who have got them, and they’re meant to be stupid bright. We don’t allow them on group night rides as you’d just completely blind the person behind you.

scratch
    Free Member

Ah good stuff, thinking of dark wet commutes home.

seanoc
    Free Member

My Smart Lunar is pretty bright when the batteries are new. The redeye (the bigger of the two) is in a different league. I’d say that if you paid the extra for a Joystick over comparable lights them you really are missing out by not using a redeye.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got a seatpost mounted version, its ace. Has anyone run the short cable version (ie. helemt mount), i considered it but as it clips to the joystick surely it will just end up pointing at the sky?

Vortexracing

Not sure about the full Redeye, but I’m waiting for one of these micro Redeye to arrive for the back of my Diablo.

Anybody else use these tiny things?

RealMan
    Free Member

I thought that was something really dirty for a moment. Especially as there’s been a lot of talk about red eyes.

STATO
    Free Member

Yeah i had one, sacked it off in the end as with the older joysticks you had to ‘power up’ the port, which meant it was a royal faff to use commuting and regularly got lost (permanently lost in the end!), obviously this is not a problem with the newer exposure models.

Its pretty bright, limited angle tho and only a single point of light so not much use when there are other lights around that it might get lost amongst (ie. Id not rely on people seeing it it in traffic!)

Vortexracing

not rely on people seeing it it in traffic

I was not using it as my main light just as an additional one on my bonce

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I have both and are great.

I run the red eye off my maxx-D on the bars and have a micro on the diablo I put on the helmet.

I do pull the cable out of the red eye off road as it is too bright as said above for group rides, I think you could ride with it alone 😯

deluded
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve got one and it’s really bright. I don’t use rear lights on group night rides but I can appreciate why they’re prohibited by RealMan’s lot. I plug it straight into my Exposure Piggyback battery that’s fitted to my helmet – so simple and so very very bright!

xcstu
    Free Member

Yes I have the older redeye with the long cable so can contact to my joystick or sixpack at the front..

super bright.. super light and if you want the spread better you can put one of those beacon diffuser on the end 🙂

on the road bike for the winter commutes

BadlyWiredDog

Not sure about the full Redeye, but I’m waiting for one of these micro Redeye to arrive for the back of my Diablo.

Yeah, it’s great. Stick one on a Joystick and you have a light, compact, get you home, all in one, light solution. They get lost easily though, what I did was attach it to some thin accessory cord using a combination of a couple of thin zip-ties and some superglue then tied it onto the Joystick at the other end. I have an o-ring over the Joystick that I tuck the Micro under when it’s not in use. Much too bright enough ime.

scratch
    Free Member

Thanks all! I’ll look into one of these. Ta.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running an Exposure RedEye?’ is closed to new replies.