• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Del.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone running 3.0 Minions in their Krampus?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Been trying to decide what to shoes krampus frame with. Want something with more grip than the knard and been reading that people who had run Dirt Wizards rate the Minions as a better all round tyre. Anyone any thoughts?

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Running a dhf on the the front and i think its awesome, really confidence inspiring.

ajantom

Yep, DHF front and Chronicle on the rear.
    DHF is great, masses of grip and lasted really well.
    £60 seems a lot for atyre, but its really only starting to show west after 2 years now.

wombat

I’m currently running a Dirt Wizard on the front and a Chronicle on the rear.

Appreciate it may seem a bit of an odd combo but it works for me. Front end grip is excellent in my local, rather changeable, conditions.

However based on the comments so far may switch to a DHF front front and stick with a Chronicle rear when next replacing.

vinnyeh

DHF/Chronicle combo here as well in case you were unsure of the correct way to go.

£60 seems a lot for atyre, but its really only starting to show west after 2 years now.

IIRC they were north of £90 when they were first released

fudge9202
    Free Member

Seem to remember a few years ago there was a trend to run the dhr as a front tyre. Is that still a thing. Although looks like the dhf/chronicle is a good way to go.

vinnyeh

Oh, just looked at Maxxis store- both the 3C and dual compound DHF’s and DHR’s are reduced to £43 each. Bargain.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Was planning running them on a Spank Oozy 29×40(internal 35mm) rims, I know it says on the Maxxis site 40 internal minimum so will this be ok?

Del

Plenty of us were running 2.3s on 719s years ago. It’ll be fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running 3.0 Minions in their Krampus?’ is closed to new replies.