Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone running 29er 35mm rims (internal) ?
  • oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m looking at some 35mm internal width rims for a set of 29er wheels for a hardtail I’m building up at the moment. I’ll be pairing them with 2.6 tyres most likely . Anyone got any feedback or thoughts /advice ?

bigwill
    Free Member

I’m running a 38mm external 34mm internal on a 29 hardtail. Have used them with 2.3 -2.6 tyres. With no issues. I really rate them for xc / trail / all round go anywhere duties. Not draggy and plenty grip. Tend to run rounder schwalbe tyres, not tried any squarer edged makes.

dreednya

I’m running the Ibis 941 rims, 41mm external and 35 mm internal and love them.  Tyres plump up nice and big, currently on Bontrager 2.4s but have used Minions 2.5WT, Ardent 2.4 and nobby Nicks 2.35s.  Really nice thing about the width is running lower pressures, 17-19 psi in the front and 20-22psi in the rear so always loads of traction.  For Info I ride in mid-Wales so Nant-yr-arian, ClimachX and Coedy with plenty of off-piste stuff in Dyfi and mid-Wales generally.  Not had a bad experience with them, even when the I put a hole in the rear (unfortunate rock strike) I didn’t even think once about going smaller.  Luckily Ibis sorted it out as a crash replacement so didn’t have to pay full whack, but I would of.

oysterkite
    Free Member

That’s good to know , thanks guys. I had been thinking that 35mm would be the best option but am a bit concerned that it might limit tyre choice , although 2.4 is the narrowest I’d be likely to ride these days. I could go to 30mm but the 35’s are only marginally heavier.

benpinnick

I’ve run them but the limiting factor is decent rim choices at the moment. I wanted to offer 35s on our new factory hope wheels we’re doing on the zero29 but I couldn’t find a rim I was happy with so decided to offer 2 favours of 30s instead. It’s a balance between weight, strength and tyre profile but I think the 30 is winning at the moment in 29ers unless you’re able to afford carbon.

transition1
    Free Member

I built up a Stans Sentry 32mm internal for a front wheel & ran it with a NN 29X2.6 was a good wheel have since moved it to a back wheel with the NN & will run a Baron 35mm internal as the front wheel, once built! probably with  2.6 Hans Dampf for summer use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running 29er 35mm rims (internal) ?’ is closed to new replies.