Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone rocking Uniqlo Heattech jeans?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My Howie’s lined jeans are on the way out and have been out of fashion for 5+ years (less time than me).

This product seems to good to be true, backed up NY pseudo science and AstroTurf style reviews.

Does anyone have first hand experience?

qwerty
    Free Member

We were not able to find any items to match HEATTECH

skellnonch
    Free Member

We were not able to find any items to match HEATTECH

Awesome, googling something that you have no first hand experience about to post a comment that you cant find any information on it….

davros

I expect they will do what it says on the tin. Uniqlo stuff is decent and durable in my experience. If only Howies’ lasted half as long.

prettygreenparrot

Damart with different branding?

Not for me. ‘Slim fit’. ‘Stretch’. And cotton, viscose, acrylic, elastane mix?

johnx2
    Free Member

Got to love a stw fashion thread…

Anyway, I’m not about fashion. I’m about style baby. So obviously I’ve two pairs. Warmer, stretchier and more comfy than denim, whilst looking like it. Great for WFH as it gets chillier and, er, rambling (better than “technical” wetf that means alternatives). What has happened to my life?

finbar
    Free Member

Raises an interesting question – is it possible to ‘rock’ anything from Uniqlo?

Yak

is it possible to ‘rock’ anything from Uniqlo?

Unless you are actually an on-trend youth, then yes I think we can ‘rock’ uniqlo stuff.
    Well I think it looks good and no-one has said otherwise. Job jobbed.

jam-bo

If only Howies’ lasted half as long.

my warm49’s have certainly seen better days but I think they are at least 10yrs old. I have a couple of t-shirts that are at least 20yrs old.

haven’t bought anything from them recently though.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Have you got the shoes to go with them?

He doesn’t look very happy tbh. Still he is my size, 6ft and 31″ is rare and a good fit for me.

CountZero

Raises an interesting question – is it possible to ‘rock’ anything from Uniqlo?

Yes, the Japanese selvedge denim jeans I bought from them a little while ago are superb. The very first pair of Uniqlo jeans I bought were £70, really pretty heavy indigo unwashed selvedge denim, with button fly, and I should have bought another pair, because they’ve never produced them again. I bought several pairs of their cheaper £35 selvedge denim jeans, in a pre-washed lighter blue, and they were very similar in fit and cut to the Levi’s 501 shrink-to-fit jeans I bought in the late 60’s.
    The most recent ones I bought are dark indigo unwashed selvedge Japanese denim, and I made the mistake of ordering in my regular size, 32”x34”, the mistake being all the previous pairs I’d had to buy 34”x34”: I was delighted to find they’ve adjusted the sizing, and they fit really well, the straight leg style is exactly like my original 501’s, and they’re about the same weight of denim as well.
    They even came with the bottom hem turned up and pressed to show the selvedge! They’re also totally anonymous – there’s no fancy stitching, ‘distressing’ (😖), not even any sort of label or patch on the waistband. They cost £35 a pair! So yeah, if you like quality jeans that don’t follow the latest tragic ’trend’, and will likely last years, these rock!
    Uniqlo flannel shirts are lovely things too, really soft and great to wear over a tee shirt.

johnnystorm

I’ve got the same Selvedge as The Count above, I’ve also got the heat tech ones. They are a looser fit or at least stretcher. Make sure you order a few in different sizes to be on the safe side.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks guys, v helpful, I’ll order some and see.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How does anyone remember how a an item of clothing fitted 50+ years ago ?

b230ftw
    Free Member

“ How does anyone remember how a an item of clothing fitted 50+ years ago?”

I’m still wearing stuff I bought in the nineties so I reckon another few years is doable!!

Also the nineties was the last time anyone made any trousers that fitted me ok 😞 (narrow waist with sprinters thighs and MTBers calves!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone rocking Uniqlo Heattech jeans?’ is closed to new replies.