• This topic has 27 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone riding the Quantocks this Sunday …….
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

…. who I can tag along with? Anytime from 10am onwards would suit. Oh, I am a girlie so would be playing catch up most of the time 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

Girlie?!?!?!

count me in!

I'm looking for a quantocks ride this weekend, depends if i can get "the boys" organised, interested?

im fat and slow, so wouldnt worry about catchup

snaps
    Free Member

We might be about but it'll probably be 11ish

Olly
    Free Member

i personally dont, but rob and chris do.
    will chase them up tonight, see if they fancy it.

krag
    Free Member

Me and the missus usually go for a pootle round the Quantocks on Saturdays/Sundays, wouldn't mind tagging along if there's a group ride?

I know a few routes but it's only from getting lost over the last few weekends so probably not the optimum mix of climbs and descents 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

if you guys set one, we can either turn up or not? (dependant on saturday evening i guess!)

knottie8
    Free Member

Keep an eye open for me too. Im showing Annabanana/peterpoddy and co around saturday and sunday ! Plenty of Qs combe-age will be ridden.

Rob_514
    Free Member

im in olly. so 11am at crowcombe gate?

sharki
    Free Member

I'll be out and about, first time in about 6 weeks so need a slow group 😉

snaps
    Free Member

Yes we'll be in a Silver Vectra estate & a white transit size van – planning on 18-20 miles 3 hours ish ride, nothing to fast

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hi Mp will be around the Qs on Sunday as knottie says. Will look out for you, what bike you on? Ab

Olly
    Free Member

roger roger. see y'all there.

krag
    Free Member

Hopefully we should make it too, white NS bike and inbred on the back of a shonky vw van. Cya there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have a dilemma about this weekend – Which BIKE do I bring? Are there rocky and technical descents? I regretted not taking The Pitch to the Mendips recently, even though it's a slog up the hills….

So,

Inbred, 140mm Vanillas, 2.35 tyres, can do anyhting

or

Pitch, 150mm of Piked-up-downhill-biased-over-braked lairyness?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm feeling lairy…..
    😉

snaps
    Free Member

Knottie is rarely on anything more lairy than an Inbred or an older single pivot Marin, its not very rocky but a few of the combes have a number of stream crossings & rooty sections.

krag
    Free Member

Never had any problems on my hardtail tbh. I did borrow a mates Patriot with 8" front and rear travel for a quantocks ride when my bike went missing and it absolutely killed me on the climbs. Ended up sloping off home early but then I'm not that fit anyway…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aww. I wanna get lairy.
    🙁

krag
    Free Member

Why not ride the inbred in a lairy styleee?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That might work, yes…..
    🙂

The Pitch does go up reasonably well though, and there's no rush.

Olderthandirt
    Free Member

Pete, I'm bringing the orange. Some of the descents in the Q's are a right laugh on the bouncer. Knottie, you gotta take us down the chimney!

timothecimmerian

I've had equal enjoyment there on my GT hardtail and Giant Trance X, but probably had more "point and shoot" fun on the descents with the Trance. If you're happy with chugging up the short (but sharp!) climbs, then take the Pitch.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Take a hardtail!

sharki
    Free Member

Ht with 140mm fawks is all you'll ever need on a Quantocks ride, unless you're spending the day riding on the DH with the DH'rs, however even the DH are fine on a HT.

Lairiness is easy on an inbred, i myself intend on getting very lairy on mine and probably damn right offensive, as this will be my first ride in 6 weeks.

The forecast is set for sunshine, my bladder still has the water i put in it 6 weeks ago and I've got rid of the 13th cog in favor of a 16th one, thanks to Mr knott, cheers ole pal.

For those i see over the weekend, i'm looking forward to it, for those i don't see, too bad 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Sharki
    see you tomorrow at crowcombe , 10ish for 11 start

sharki
    Free Member

Could you please bring a shock pump, as my farks is a little not right.

I've provisionally booked a table and topless waitress 'in da hood' fer 7.45pm.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

i'm interested, managed to miss all of the group rides due to child minder issues (as in lack of), but looking promising for Sunday…

Olly
    Free Member

ill have a shock pump with me.

206SW in a tasteful "Sahara Yellow" and a gate of a Trance

a la infact!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding the Quantocks this Sunday …….’ is closed to new replies.