Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone riding in Dumfries and Galloway this weekend?
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve spent all summer at home from Uni riding my road bike (apart from a week with bike village) and was wondering if anyone is riding in Galloway this weekend that wouldnt mind me tagging along? Trail centres, natural stuff its all good. I can ride on my own but usually prefer a bit on company! Cheers!

Trekster

chakaping is planning to ride Kirry on Sat and may be riding somewhere on Sun. I am still working on getting out on Sun sometime but will have no internet after 6am tomorrow morning. I have chakapings number and will be in touch with him over the weekend and may be meeting for a beer Sat eve 😆 All fluid atm. PM me if you want.
    I would prefer riding Dalbeattie on Sunday, I will have no car and staying nearby. Lots of nice “local” stuff to do and if the weather is OKish the coastal path.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Weather forecast isnt great for the weekend at the moment, but its a few days off yet. I quite fancy Dalbeattie too, last time I rode it it was covered in snow. I’ll ping you an email this evening and see whats what if you can wrangle some time for a ride on Sunday. Considering I’ve lived here all my life I dont know any of the local stuff at all! 🙁

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I am hoping to get out this weekend with my new (part of it at least) toy. Also a local and while I know mabie and ae pretty well, I have yet to venture to dalbeattie!

Saturday best day for me. Sunday I could possibly do an early ride, busy in the adternoon. John, if you needed a lift I could pass yours if mabie/ dalbeattie. I can just about remember where you live!

Trekster

defaultslipper – Member
    I am hoping to get out this weekend with my new (part of it at least) toy. Also a local and while I know mabie and ae pretty well, I have yet to venture to dalbeattie!

Saturday best day for me. Sunday I could possibly do an early ride, busy in the adternoon. John, if you needed a lift I could pass yours if mabie/ dalbeattie. I can just about remember where you live!
    I will be at Sandyhills for the weekend with the grandkids, hence riding @ Dalbeattie 😀
    No chance of getting out on Saturday and depends on the SO and what time the kids are going home will dictate what time I can ride on Sunday.
    You still employed or is project Dock Park complete?
    What new toy have you got?

whatnobeer…..D`beattie was really nice to ride during the snowy months. Have not ridden there since either 🙄 Might be doing the Hardrock so need to get some practice 💡

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Plans were submitted today, we will hear the decision by the end of the year. Hopefully working on some other smaller projects til then, will find out tomorrow.

Slightly newer frame to replace the old obe which was starting to make loud noises in places it shouldn’t have!

Been a while since I rode with anyone else but would be good for some company. Ae was really good when there was only a couple of inches of snow on it. Magical at night in the snow. Not so much fun after the snow turned to ice ( the edge was a little scary).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Dalbeattie was good fun, the fire roads were treacherous though! There were massive patches of ice under the snow just waiting to take your wheels out from under you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding in Dumfries and Galloway this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.