Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone riding an Orange Stage 5 with Fox X2?
  • benman
    Free Member

Just built up a Stage 5 with a Fox X2, and I’m having to put in a fair amount of pressure to stop it bottoming out.

I’m only about 160lbs kitted up, and 30% sag is achieved with about 180psi. However I’ve had to put in about 200psi to stop it bottoming on small drops to flat.

The shock has 2 volume spacers as standard, so I’ve ordered another 2 to try.

Just wondered what other people were running pressure wise? And if you’ve added extra volume spacers?

s1mmo

I originally had the same problem until I installed an additional 2 volume spacers and removed some air so it’s definitely worth a try.

The bike now only bottoms out when landing bigger drops and feels a lot less harsh on the smaller stuff.

I weigh roughly 85kg kitted up and have approximately 210psi in mine which achieves 30% sag.

chiefgrooveguru

Have you tried adding some high speed compression damping? The Stage 5 has a linear leverage rate so it’s likely to need a few volume spacers too.

Is that 30% sag seated or in attack position (weight all on the pedals)?

benman
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Adding some HSC was my next port of call. Thought I would play around with different combos of this and volume spacers to see which feels best.

Been measuring sag sat on the saddle (as per X2 manual) but have also used attack position in the past.

benman
    Free Member

Added the 2 additional spacers (so 4 total now) and upped the HSC. Dropped the pressure slightly to proper sag levels. Seems better on the ‘big bunny hop off a kerb’ test.

Will give it a proper run out this weekend.

josslad
    Free Member

Benman, how did it work out for you? I’ve recently put an X2 on mine and whilst it feels a whole lot better than the Monarch I’m still faffing with settings. At 170lbs + kit I’m finding I need 210-220psi, 3 volume spacers and I can’t remember what else. It’s behaving really nicely but with all the available adjustments I’m keen to hear what others are doing.

cheers.

benman
    Free Member

After a lot of trial and error I’ve ended up with 4 spacers, 190psi and 8 clicks from full hsc – so you don’t sound too far out with your settings

josslad
    Free Member

Many thanks. I’ve been flirting with the idea of a 4th spacer so think I’ll give it a go – only way to know for sure…

thanks again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding an Orange Stage 5 with Fox X2?’ is closed to new replies.