Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone ridden the new Five?
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Just curious. Interested to know what (if any) impact the wheels have had on the ride. I rather like the idea but suspect little real world benefit, would like to be wrong though.

roverpig

Afraid not and I’ll be interested to hear people’s opinions, but I doubt that anybody could seperate the effect of the wheels from any other changes that have been made. Not that it really matters as long as it feels good.

cakefacesmallblock

Afraid not and I’ll be interested to hear people’s opinions, but I doubt that anybody could seperate the effect of the wheels from any other changes that have been made. Not that it really matters as long as it feels good.

My thoughts exactly. Having been in a real tight financial spot and will be til early 2015. I’m just gonna sit back and listen (chuckle even), at all the hooha re wheels and stuff til then. I’d love to buy a British f/s frame, but if nothing rides as well as my now ageing Trance, the upgrades ( restoration by then , possibly !) will continue, that’s of course assuming that 26 kit is still available and I’m not forced into buying a 28er. 😉

rickt
    Free Member

Thing is…. The five in a 26 form has ticked the boxes for the last 10 years… so it must of been doing something right.

In regards to the 650b option, I hear its not a massive difference in ride compared to the jump from a 26er to the 29er.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden the new Five?’ is closed to new replies.