Anyone ridden the Mojo Nicolai yet?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone ridden the Mojo Nicolai yet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1,841 through 1,850 (of 1,850 total)
  • Anyone ridden the Mojo Nicolai yet?
  • For the spring weight maybe just give Marcel a call? I am sure they would be happy to advise?

Also – anyone run the G13 as a hybrid? Would that work? It’s probably been mentioned already…..

Premier Icon blakec
    Subscriber

Contacted Geometron bikes and Paul replied saying I needed a 575lb spring so way off tf tuned recommended spring rate.

i would highly recomend any one going coil to chat with them before buying a spring.

bilbo

G13 as hybrid – interesting thought, I’m not aware it’s been tried…maybe BB would be too low..?

I think hybrid works on the G16 becasue you’re putting a 160mm fork & 29er wheel in place of a 180, fork with 27.5 wheel, so there’s no dramatic change in the stack or BB.  A 27.5 wheel on the back of a G13 is a significant BB drop, maybe too much in terms of pedal strikes..

bilbo

I’d agree although worth noting that G13 is designed as a 29er so has BB drop of -30mm based on 29″ wheels, G16 BB drop is -17mm as primarily designed around 27.5″ wheels. G16 obvs hugely versatile but you don’t get the full benefits of a 29er (not sure if you can adjust for BB drop using offset shock bushings etc..?), with G16 as hybrid you probably get best of both

Premier Icon blakec
    Subscriber

Turns out nothings easy. Fox 600lbs spring turned up today. It’s about 13mm longer than the space of a 216×64 so doesn’t fit.

Annoying… I had that on an old Demo 7 years back… Fox had a custom shorter length for 600 and over.

Looking at the Pinion HT’s as a forever winter bike.  I’m mainly South Downs so wonder if the GLF geometry  would be suitable.  Also at 5’7 not sure on sizing.  Suspect I’d be a L in the Pinion AM (to achieve similar to my 2015 M Enduro) or a M in the GLF but that head angle makes me think it’ll be too lazy a front end……

any advice greatly appreciated (and yes I’ll try for a test ride if I can)

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

at 5’7 not sure on sizing.

I’m 5’8″ and have a small(long) Ion GPI (Geometron) and have never wanted the next size up.  I also have a Sick titanium Pinion hardtail in medium that is pretty similar dimensions to the small Ion.  I’d certainly suggest trying to get some sort of demo before going bigger, longer may well suit you but worth checking.

For reference I also ride mostly on the South Downs as that’s where I live and don’t find the geometry a hinderance (maybe the added weight is but I’m not bothered).  Steyning, QECP, Surrey Hills, etc it’s more likely an advantage and I have found steep seat tubes a climbing advantage too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1,841 through 1,850 (of 1,850 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.