Anyone ridden Mastiles Lane in this year's snow?

Home Forum Bike Forum Anyone ridden Mastiles Lane in this year's snow?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone ridden Mastiles Lane in this year's snow?
  • Premier Icon plumslikerocks
    Subscriber

I have been planning a shortish loop from Kilnsey up Mastiles to Malham Tarn then over the top and and back round to Arncliffe Cote.

I was keen to do this route this weekend for sentimental reasons. This was planned well in advance but now it has snowed. I don’t mind a bit of snow riding, so long as it is actually rideable! Has anyone been out and about in the past week or so?

Premier Icon plumslikerocks
    Subscriber

bump……anyone ridden South Dales in the past week?

Cold and crispy, crusty snow good. Compacted snow ice and draggy slush bad!

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Haven’t ridden, but walked the moor near Skipton on Wednesday, which is roughly the same height.

Varied from a few inches to thigh-deep snow depending on aspect and drifting (it’s deeper on west-facing slopes). Snow was fairly powdery without a firm crust at that stage.

More snow forecast this evening.

In short, expect hard work.

B.A.Nana

forecast is 2 degrees Saturday and 5 degrees Sunday. Snow around Settle on Wednesday was between a few inches and a foot (or more) depending on elevation and drifting/aspect. Further snow was forecast today, but it hasn’t happened (Skipton), yet (might happen overnight). IMO it will be hard going in a few inches or more of wet slushy thawing snow.

WillC9999

Little thawing of lying snow this week and it’s snowing it’s arse of again tonight – so yeah, expect to be skiiing down. Might be fun 🙂

Subscriber

Cheers fellas…will look out of the window from Keighley in the morning and take a punt!

djglover

I rode up Ilkley Moor on the Keighley Road earlier in the week and it was 2-3 foot drifts when I tried to ride across to the summit, can’t imagine any different up there really, less of a thaw up there and more snow falling now….

Premier Icon Brian Savage
    Subscriber

Set off from Malam Tarn and turned back after a few hundred metres as the snow had drifted up against the wall. This was the second day of the snow last week.

B.A.Nana

snowing like mad now, same in Keighley I expect.

Subscriber

yup…looks like we’ve had 2 – 3″ this evening. Riding from home it is, then….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden Mastiles Lane in this year's snow?’ is closed to new replies.