Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone ridden les Alpilles in Provence? Routes?
  • scottidog
    Free Member

Off to Provence over Christmas staying in Paradou near Arles. Never been there before but looking on google earth it looks like there should be some mountain biking nearby.

Anybody ridden there before and have any pointers?

Thanks

accu
    Free Member

its some time ago now..but for nearly seven years we spent every christmas there…we rented a big house with no comfort…and stayed there for 10 days, for mates and friends the house was always open, there were invited to stay as long as they want …so we had very good times there..
    and lots of riding…nearly every day we went out to search new trails..we were just looking for the next “fireroad” leading into the mountains and started there..
    fantastic scenery and landscape !!
    the only problem is that some trails or small roads lead to private property ..in this case we learned that it is wise to go back and take another way…so if you see the sign “chemin privee” or “privee” its better to change direction…
    I will see if I can find some of the old maps with the notes …

scottidog
    Free Member

Thanks buddy that would be great.

Definitely chuck my bike on the back of the car then. I had a look on google earth and there seems to be a lot of fireroads and a few less defined tracks. Guess it might be a case of getting out there and exploring.

accu
    Free Member

just thought it is time to go to the “alpilles” again..
    found this on a quick search…
    the pics give a good impression of the riding there…

http://www.plani-cycles.fr/detail_cra.php?idCr=695&origDetailCr=2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden les Alpilles in Provence? Routes?’ is closed to new replies.