Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone ridden in Sicily much? trail/roads info needed.
  • lardman
    Free Member

I have two weeks in Sicily in August and would like to get away from the children for some hours in the days. Anyone done much in Sicily? Happy to rent a road bike if need be, as there’s seems to be little in the way of good MTB rentals there. I might take my bike if there’s good trails to ride.

We’re on the north coast, East of Palermo.

thepodge
    Free Member

They hosted the singlespeed European champs there last weekend so there must be some good stuff

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I rode a fair but when we stayed near Ragusa a few years back, all on road. While the location is no help to you, generally I thought the locals were pretty welcoming to cyclists, the roads were decent and not too busy.

I believe the MTB riding is good too, have a google, I found several sites, clubs and videos when I was deciding which bike to take. They’ve hosted a round of the Bluegrass Enduro series the last 2 years too http://m.pinkbike.com/news/final-round-of-the-bluegrass-enduro-tour-in-sicily-2014.html

edhornby

Its bloody hot in august, pick the time carefully 🙂

tillyfishes
    Free Member

I have walked in the Madoine National Park which have a ‘trail center’ in the north which holds enduro style competitions. Mainly walked in the south and wished I had a bike. I did contacted a few companies who are based there but never actually got round to organising anything. 🙁

This page might hold some interesting links if you can translate it!

http://www.triridemtb.com/sicily-bike-holiday/

Hope this helps and let us all know who it is if you get riding!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’m sure Jon Woodhouse formerly of the Singletrack shire did an International Travel article there in a previous issue. Might be worth tracking down to see if it has any useful pointers.

lardman
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, i’ll have a look into those leads.
    Cheers.

Lardman.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden in Sicily much? trail/roads info needed.’ is closed to new replies.