Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone ridden in La Bresse?
  • JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have booked a weeks holiday for the family in August. The last weekend being the final round of the DH world cup.

Naturally we are looking to take our bikes to ride the trails in the week leading up to the main event.

Mrs Wachowchow and I both have less than Enduro travel bikes and we have a 6 year old boy on a 20″ Commencal Ramones who is as keen as mustard.

If anyone has any experience of La Bresse, is a DH park? is it suitable for all comers? Should I get some child care and hire a couple of DH bikes?

Also, anyone else heading down for the race? I’m in Hampshire and I think its closer than Fort Bill.

onehundredthidiot

Assuming it’s late Belle hutte above last blessed. Then yes it’s pretty enduro/downhill. Certainly small wheels will struggle.

But

Pop into the tourists office and ask for a vtt map. Plenty of suitable stuff on the map that will keep you entertained without the need for banzai riding.

https://www.labresse.net/la-bresse-itineraires-vtt.html

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about heading to la bresse too for some down time.. sounds like a good option.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve ridden around the corner in Mollau on some of the natural trails there and they really were amazing. Steep, switchbacky, very well made by locals. Further away, near Colmar, there are more mellow trails at Ammerschwihr, which are still engaging for a decent rider.

There’s another, less serious, bike park up at Lac Blanc, which is very close to La Bresse.

I’d also recommend a trip to the motor museum in Mulhouse – it’s really very impressive.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks All.

We have a villa booked about 10 minutes drive away from LaBresse and my camper to use as a day van at the park. As well as the 6 year old, I also have a 3 year old girl who is insisting that she tag along so I wont be venturing too far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden in La Bresse?’ is closed to new replies.