Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone ridden a Norco Shinobi (or other AM 29er)?
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Looking for a full suss AM 29er – has anyone ridden a Norco Shinobi? I’m a bit worried it’ll be massively heavy but happy to be corrected.

Can’t get 29er FSR stumpjumpers in the UK – is there anything else I should be looking at?

IA

No idea if you can get ’em here, but love the look of this:

http://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Bandit29.cfm

Alb
    Free Member

Sim’s testing a Shinobi 2 at the mo. Likes it I think. MBUK review imminent too (think they liked it too). Stock landing mid/Jan. Alan Muldoon/Steve Jones liked it too.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Trek rumblefish…admittedly I’ve only ridden one up and down the shop!
    Salsa horsethief….mmmmmmmm.
    Niner WFO.

loverofminkys

Amate of mine turned up with a borrowed one at the weekend (think it was the MBUK demo bike)It was lovely, quite lengthy in the top tube and the way it went through braking bumps was amazing! Not massively heavy at all, but it did have e13 wheels on it, not sure what it comes with as stock. My mate was very very impressed too

bol

Niner RIP 9 is worth a look. Loving mine.

Edit: just looked at the spec on the Shinobi. Looks great value for money. You’d only get the frame and fork on the Niner for that, and it can’t be a whole lot better.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Liking the long top tube of the Shinobi, price is great and reviews are pretty good too. Some friends have questioned the quality of Norco bikes in the past…hopefully this isn’t true.

Only available through Evans as far as I can see – a bit of a downer but not a deal breaker. Link

My other option is to get a Spec Stumpy FSR EVO from the US when I next go but that strikes me as a massive ball ache.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Some friends have questioned the quality of Norco bikes in the past

What were they saying? I’ve got a Fluid LT2 from 08 and its been faultless since I’ve had it. Its done the Mega, a lot of DH and trail riding in the Alps and I cant fault it at all.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

For those interested mtbr review is pretty positive so will try and get a test

Rorschach
    Free Member

Kona Satori..

the_lecht_rocks

had an extended demo of a nicolai helius AC 29er……stunning……

so good i’ve px’d my 26″ helius AM and VF2 for an AC29er.

pure riding class 🙂

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden a recent Specialized Stumpy FSR 29er? They’re not available here but Specialized will honour the warranty on one bought overseas…Any comparisons to the Norco Shinobi gratefully received.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have a Turner Sultan…its ace 😮

You can get Stumpy FSR 29ers in the UK?

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Thanks, saw those but need an XL. New Sultan does look ace but it’s a fair bit over my budget.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I’m thinking of selling my 2010 Enduro for a full bounce 29er like a Shinobi – Has anyone ridden one?

I’ve seen the various mag reviews but interested in personal opinions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ridden a Norco Shinobi (or other AM 29er)?’ is closed to new replies.