Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone replaced a Bosch gen 4 motor out of warranty?
  • ogden
    Free Member

So my ebike is coming up to the end of the 2 year warranty and the motor was already replaced in December after not much use(700km), and it’s got me thinking what I should do with it. After contacting Bosch they confirmed that the replacement motor is still only covered by the initial 2yr warranty and has no warranty or guarantee of its own. I’ve asked Bosch how much it would cost to replace out of warranty but I’ve not heard back(yet) and my LBS didn’t know either.

Thank you for contacting Bosch eBike,

The warranty period for Bosch eBike components is 2 years from the date of

purchase, and their is no chain warranty.

Best regards

Your Bosch eBike team
    Gareth Thomas

Robert Bosch GmbH

Has anyone had their motor replaced out of warranty and how much did Bosch charge?

Cheers

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

You may still have a claim under the consumer rights act.

Whilst the manufacturer may only offer a 2 year warranty if the first unit failed at less than 2 years any additional failure could be enough to achieve a successful claim against the original retailer citing the goods are not fit for purpose – particularly if the unit has only been subject to limited mileage.

julians
    Free Member

quick update to this thread , a friend of mine has an orbea wild fs with the bosch gen 4 motor that is nearly 3 years old (2 year warranty on the “e” side of things) , up until now he’s had no problems with the “e” side of things, but recently it started throwing 500 errors when it was turned on, and was essentially dead.

He took it to his local bosch ebike dealer (not an orbea dealer), they had a look and sent the report off to bosch , and the upshot is he’s getting a new motor put in for £100 – top work from bosch, just wanted to put this bit of good customer service out there for people to see.

hainman
    Free Member

That’s. A stroke of luck if he’s had a new motor out of warranty for £100
    I’d reckon the. Bosch dealer has pulled some strings to get him that deal
    If not can ye name the shop as my Wild is out of warranty

kayak23

Cool. Starting to get a bit twitchy as I get along for my two years with A Wild fs.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

That’s brilliant julians.

We need to hear more of good service from bike companies; I’m sure there’s loads but we only seem to post when crap service is experienced like the giant warranty thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.