• This topic has 25 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone remotely amenable to this – ultrasound contraception for men…
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah sure, just apply a localised dose of ultrasound to me testes… 😯

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/medicine/article7124582.ece

IanMunro
    Free Member

I find my face is quite effective 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Better than pumping yourself full of brain and body changing hormones on a continuous basis that women end up having to do, isn't it?

Bit frigging rich for men to get precious about contraception.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yep, fine.

davidrussell
    Free Member

two bricks is a more painful alternative.

hora
    Free Member

I always think the Uzi/Klashnikov approach to contraception is the best.

Pull out and pump the room/walls basically everywhere with your seed 😀

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, 3 cheers. About time too. 🙄

finbar
    Free Member

I'd be well up for that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

fair points – hadn't considered the benefit/burden aspect, didn't consider much past the ultrasound to the testes aspect.

i suppose if it's safe it's safe, and as molgrips says…

cinnamon_girl

Better than pumping yourself full of brain and body changing hormones on a continuous basis that women end up having to do, isn't it?

Well said molgrips. Women have drawn the short straw for far too long.

scottidog
    Free Member

No one's zapping my balls.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well it's a little more complicated than that as for one thing it is far easier to prevent the release of a single egg than it is for sprem so if a form of reversable contraception is required then focussing on the woman makes sense. I also doubt that in the event of this sort of thing being proven and available whether or not it would actually reduce the number of women taking contraception. That being said I see this as a good thing and I would have no problem with it.

hora
    Free Member

You don't have to take it…..and Im sure the promiscuity afforded to females at college/Uni etc hasnt really been that bad a trade-off? 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

If you want to have uninterrupted sex and not have babies then the pill is a fair old requirement. Or having to stuff some bit of plastic up you. Thing is, it's always been women's responsibility, condoms aside. This should help even things up.

theflatboy
    Free Member

but mol, unless it was a regular partner i'm not sure any woman would rely on a man claiming to have had that treatment!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i'd have it, if it were safe. never been with a girl on the pill, and its always been my responsibility.

midlifecrashes

+1 theflatboy

I'd like to see plenty of evidence for reversing it on demand and without side effects before I went anywhere near it. Still would be nice to have control over the situation. Bit academic for me though, had the snip eight years ago.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'd have it.
    not bothered if it couldn't be reversed either, tbh.

hora
    Free Member

TBH, knowing what I know now… sleep deprivation was before I'd have taken my nuts off with a rusty spoon let alone ultrasound.

lil-lisa
    Free Member

Got to be worth a try, esp given I have fallen pregant while on the pill and again while on the injection, either there is super sperm about or my body was determined to get pregnant.

hora
    Free Member

lil-lisa, after years of drink abuse, drugs and saddles squashing my knackers I thought I would have a low-sperm count.

So, first week of trying….

Oh great! 👿

GW
    Free Member

Burds got the implant already but if the nurse moves the ultrasound thingy about a bit for 15mins and it's free, why not, eh?

david_r
    Free Member

I'm still haunted by the crunchy sound I heard when the Doc cut my sperm pipes, along with the sound of forceps clamping god knows what, whilst poking around inside my nut sack 🙁

I'd take ultrasound anyday…

Drac

I find my face is quite effective

Why would you put your face next to another man's scrotum?

lil-lisa
    Free Member

hora, that seems to be the way it works. both my OH and I have a history of drug abuse, have probably consumed more than our fair share of alcohol in our lives, and both mtb, but nothing seems to stop the little beggers.

But look at all our friends who are trying, never taken drugs, drink moderately, young and healthy and they just can't conceive. Does make me feel a little bit guilty.

hora
    Free Member

lil-lisa gutting though.

If I had known how hardy my sperm was I'd have shot them with a shotgun then set fire to my nuts…

Then like in Terminator II the feckers would have resembled back again….gawd I miss my sleep 😐

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remotely amenable to this – ultrasound contraception for men…’ is closed to new replies.