Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)
  • Anyone remember how the Falklands began?
  • Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

If there was a distinct lack of radical parliamentary candidates

You don’t really understand how Entrism works do you?

trailmonkey

Ah, I get it 💡 The Labour parliamentary candidates weren’t who they claimed to be and were in fact just ringers.

Were space aliens involved in this conspiracy too ?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

No Trailmonkey, you’re clearly absolutely right, There was never a problem, and nobody got expelled from the Labour party for being in Militant.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you’re under

trailmonkey

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you’re under

I think that hypnosis is your best bet for convincing us all that the entire Labour parliamentary candidature during the 80’s consisted of Marxist agents bent on the overthrow of Parliamentary democracy.

El-bent
    Free Member

The thing about you Lefties – is that you’re unable to see beyond simplistic black/white child-like arguments, so when I say “The approach by Callaghan to the Argentinians played a critical part in forming the complex chain of events which led us down the road to the ’82 invasion” you’re unable to actually read that without interpreting it as me saying “the Falklands war was nothing to do with Thatcher”

Not quite an admission Z-11, keep going, you’re going to get there one day.

I think that hypnosis is your best bet for convincing us all that the entire Labour parliamentary candidature during the 80’s consisted of Marxist agents bent on the overthrow of Parliamentary democracy.

Senator Joesph McCarthy must have been his hero. Watch out for the red under the bed!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

there is no doubting that Foot and his cronies were heavily influenced by the Soviet union, and that they received funding, directly and/or indirectly, from them, and from the KGB, in an attempt by the Soviets to influence the direction of British Politics

So now the KGB was funding the Labour Party ! 😀

You really do come out with it sometimes Zulu-Eleven !

That sort of bollox might well hold sway amongst the rednecks in Sarah Palin’s Tea Party, but I don’t think you’ll find many over here who will be convinced that the Labour Party was so short of funds that it relied on the KGB for financial support – even amongst Daily Mail readers.

And since when have you been such an admirer of Gerald Kaufman that you feel able to quote him so extensively ? Kaufman has always been a rather peculiar maverick within the Labour Party. He has never had any significant influence in the party, nor any support base. He’s not particularly a bad lad, but he does sometimes take a strange line. As a recovering Zionist he has gone from being an outspoken supporter of Israel, to today, being one of its most outspoken critics.

And well done for dragging Militant into this. The alleged “Militant threat” is always a good fall-back for discredited right-wing extremists.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – Nice attempt at a straw man argument, but you know, and I know, thats not what was claimed!

Ernie – No, absolutely correct, KGB never put any money into CPGB, no money into the TU movement, and not a penny to CND, Mitrokhin, despite being proved right on so many of his allegations, and despite second source confirmation from Chernyaev, was a liar – no members of the Labour party were ever StB agents, no-one took brown envelopes,

In the words of Jack straw:
    Thousands of leads from Mr. Mitrokhin’s material have been followed up world wide. As a result, our intelligence and security agencies, in co-operation with allied Governments, have been able to put a stop to many security threats. Many unsolved investigations have been closed; many earlier suspicions confirmed; and some names and reputations have been cleared. Our intelligence and security agencies have assessed the value of Mr. Mitrokhin’s material world wide as immense.”

As for Gerald, clearly he, as a member of the shadow cabinet, had no reason to think anything was amiss, and was clearly delusional when he wrote that his party was “was betrayed by KGB boot-lickers”

Its all a right wing smear campaign against the Left…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie – No, absolutely correct, KGB never put any money into CPGB

Well as far as the CPGB is concerned of course the CPSU gave them some financial support !

But firstly, why would that be in the least bit surprising ? The CPGB was openly communist – hence the name “Communist Party of Great Britain” (actually financial support almost certainly didn’t occur in later years and was probably for a limited period after WW2)

And secondly, what the **** has that got to do with the Labour Party ? …. eh ?

BTW the Labour Party is a huge political party in Britain it doesn’t need to depend on cash from any foreign secret service to survive – FFS. Nor would it want to receive any cash from such a source – why would it ? It has an annual turnover involving £millions – bundles of cash dropped off by KGB handlers would be meaningless. And I’ll remind you that Labour Party finances are all open and available for scrutiny.

Still, to darkly suggest that the Labour Party received KGB cash/Moscow gold helps to cultivate the image that Labour politicians are all undercover commies hell-bent on establishing a “totalitarian marxist state” ……..what with their “red ties” and all.

Oh look ……….. I’ve uncovered another commie :

You and all the other right-wing extremists are pathetic with your “under the bed reds” scaremongery. That sort of bollox might work in the United States, in the land of religious cranks and right-wing nutters, but over here people are a tad more sophisticated.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So, c’mon Ernie – were the allegations made by Chernyaev false then?

We have discussed everything with him. I took it upon myself to promise him everything they wanted from us, to beat Thatcher and get to power.

You calling him a Liar?

konabunny
    Free Member

You don’t really understand how Entrism works do you?

Neither did Militant!

It was a total failure. It was successful in bringing a small clique of ideological radicals to the upper echelons of the Labour Party. Unfortunately, it was the clique led by Blair…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good Lord.

Do some of you lot harbour secret desires to be on the panel on Question Time or something like that?

No I’m clever

No I’m cleverer

No I’m much cleverer than you

No you are wrong I am cleverer

Etc…

Why not have a ‘Picture Off’; see who can post the best random picture completely unrelated to the discussion argument? Will be more interesting.

I’ll be the judge. Extra points for obtuseness.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Neither did Militant!

Yup.

The Militant Tendency within the Labour Party, were utterly honest concerning who they were, and what they stood for. They never hid anything about themselves, and organised completely openly. They had very clearly laid down policies and were more than happy to identify themselves as individuals.

No one who bought a copy of “The Militant” off them could be in any doubt who or what they were.

Those factors made it extraordinarily easy for the far right of the Labour Party to manoeuvre against them, and then after identifying them, expel them.

So not only were Militant wrong strategically, ie, in that they should have applied for official affiliation to the Labour Party, something which as a perfectly legitimate opinion/POV within the Labour Movement they had every right to expect (although because of the right-wing stranglehold of the Labour Party they would without doubt have been denied) but they were also hopelessly wrong tactically.

But then one of universal truths concerning all Trots…….. whatever their “Tendency” – SWP, WRP, IMG, etc, is that their tactics are always invariably incorrect.

zokes
    Free Member

I’ll be the judge. Extra points for obtuseness.

PMSL

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What if the pot was a qualified Judge though?

BermBandit
    Free Member

What about the money that the Tories take from their right wing overseas supporters? The MaCarthyists always forget to look in their own bin when the “funded by the commies argument” gets deployed. I mean I bet Phillip Green has never curried political favour with a donation….right??

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

This thread has now jumped the shark so many times that the shark has enrolled on a woodwork course, lovingly constructed a stile and long since departed.

konabunny
    Free Member

…for the Falklands.

Viewing 17 posts - 201 through 217 (of 217 total)

The topic ‘Anyone remember how the Falklands began?’ is closed to new replies.