Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone recommend me some downhill pyjama trousers?
  • Northwind

Usually just ride in shorts but after a few muddy races and uplifts with epic skin-chafage, and yesterday’s snowy XC ride feeling like it could do with a bit more coverage, thinking I might finally give in…

Nothing too bright, I’m not a power ranger 😆 Plain black ideally Got to have decent pockets too. Don’t need to be downhill specific but do have to go well over armour.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

I bought these for uplift-days but now ride in them all the time. I don’t overheat, they’ve got proper pockets and they don’t look too mental.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/clothing/trousers/product/review-royal-racing-sp-247-race-pants-11-45031

Highly recommended. Sizing is spot on – medium is perfect on me at 5’7 with a 31″ waist.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

I also have these which are very good at repelling water. Very light and very very breathable. Half price on Stif

https://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/fox-shuttle–pants/11146

Their sizing is a bit screwy – they’re perfect on my waist but well long. Thankfully they’ve got Velcro bottom bits so don’t flap. Also have zips up the leg for faffing with pads.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xiphon
    Free Member

Wait until CRC have some in a sale. I picked up some No Fear DH pants for about £35?

nealglover
    Free Member

These come in shorts too so you can match your top whatever the weather 😉

druidh
    Free Member

I was going to ask whether your armour had a chink in it but then I thought I’d be accusted of racism.

sandal100

I also have the half price fox pants from stif. Excellent for the money!

Simon

I’ve got some Fox Shuttle pants from Stif. Really like them, good fit and a bit of stretch make them very comfortable. Zipped hip pockets too.
    I’ve tried them on with a pair of Kyle Straights under which seemed OK, but I’ve not ridden like that yet and I’m not sure how well the material would cope with crashes.

Good value at £42 but not sure how they can justify an RRP of double that 😕

legend
    Free Member

how about some, mostly, black Royal trews? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69227

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a ubiquituous set Troy Lee ones. 98% plain black. Thought they would be silly with the tapered leg, but they fit a lot better than all the others I have tried previously.

Do a surprisingly good job of keeping me warm & dry on those gopping DH races/days, which I now repeatedly kick myself for not buying any sooner.

Pockets are minimal – just a small key pocket inside them, but that’s all I need for DH.

Northwind

I’d jump on the Shuttles but they don’t have my size… Will check out the Royals, I like their stuff. CRC have various options too but nothing that jumps out (every No Fear thing I’ve had has been weirdly sized, like the medium jersey I have which fits me in teh shoulders and the arms but goes down almost to my knees!)

Cheers folks, good food for thought

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend me some downhill pyjama trousers?’ is closed to new replies.