Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone racing the Brass Monkeys XC this sunday?
  • DrP

I am!
    First time racing a real XC race in years!!!
    Obvs gonna be on teh singlespeed, but have completely forgotton how to pace and fuel for a 4 hour XC race!

Gonna be hellfire I tell ya!

Anyone else going?

DrP

Yak

I’ll be there. Not racing this time. Supporting my son who is having a crack in the junior 2hr. Heckling too obvs.. 🙂

akira

I usually do some of them but diy and lockdowns etc mean I’ve had very little bike time so having a winter off.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s aptly named – I think it might be a touch chilly!

I’ll be there if I can get the bike sorted in time..

bigdaddy

Yep I’ll be there! Looking forward to it – 2 hr over 40s for me… Using the excuse of the 4 hour race taking too much out of the day, whereas the reality is not sure i can manage a race pace for 4 hours!

mccraque

Still toying with the idea… Feeling a bit lardy and unwell at the moment (sore throat, not covid).

plop_pants
    Free Member

I wish. I did the gorrick 3hr races back in april/May and they were really enjoyable courses. Just done my first race in suffolk since moving and it was sooo boring.🙄

weeksy

Nah, racing at 417 flyup instead.

muddylegs
    Free Member

Yes hope to be there in the 40+ 2 hour race. I did the last gorrick Highlands Farm event as a tester and faired ok in my age cat so I’ll see what happens on Sunday!

Stiggy

I’ll be there making up the numbers.

ernie

I’ll be there if I enter. 2hr only though.

bigdaddy

Just be aware there’s no entry on the day – think entry closes Wed night…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

FWIW GMBN are going to be there doing some filming – suck in those guts boys!

pete68
    Free Member

3hr old blokes category for me. First race in a long while. Will be trying not to die.

ayjaydoubleyou

FWIW GMBN are going to be there doing some filming – suck in those guts boys!

General coverage/highlights of the race, or “Blake tries an XC race on a DirtJump bike”

ernie

I’m in. 2hr vets. It’s gonna be bloody cold!

muddylegs
    Free Member

Yes it looks like Brass Monkeys will live up its name…Brr

Yak

Well, incredible conditions. I hope everyone enjoyed it. Congratulations to DrP on his win. Awesome. My lad came 2nd in the juniors and just overshot the 2hr cut off by 46s so his 3rd lap didn’t count. He’s gutted about that but very chuffed with 2nd.

DrP

Nice one on Jnr’s podium! Was great to see you too!
    Despite not having raced a brass monkey for YEARS, my zwift training is paying off and I felt pretty strong from the off…

My rigid ss tried its best to shake itself to bits.. so had to stop to reaffix the bottle cage..
    Headset loose.. and chain flapping 😄😅🤭

Happy with SS win, and THINK I was third overall too!

Great day!

DrP

ernie

Great ride by Jnr and DrP. I really wouldn’t fancy that course on a rigid ss!

I managed 2nd in the 2hr vets. One slight off course detour which was annoying but I was no way at the same speed as the winner. He was rapido!

bigdaddy

Well done guys, they are great results. I struggled today, the cold was too much for my creaky asthmatic chest, and had no power in the legs, but scraped a 13th in vets 2hr. What a great course and conditions – great day for racing. Hopefully feeling in better nick for next time!

masterdabber
    Free Member

Well done. I’d have liked to go over and have a look but I don’t think I’d have got around very well on crutches.

muddylegs
    Free Member

That was a cracking course. The cold eventually got to me so didn’t manage a third lap, that and the fact I was knackered. Forgot my eye protection too so spent alot of the time looking through teary eyes🙄.

Anyways i was pleased with 15th in the 2hr 40+ cat. Who’s in for the next two rounds!?

DrP

Amongst the images of me gurning and straining, there were a few good ones!!
    Think this was just after the A-line drop off…

Not sure on the next two rounds…Got my kiddies for the last race, and MIGHT be moving home in/around Jan 2022 (all things going well)…

Will see!

DrP

mccraque

Kicking myself for not racing now! See you all on Jan 9th, Omicron permitting.

muddylegs
    Free Member

I recognise you now DrP you past me up by the shooting ranges looking strong on your SS. 👍

schmiken

Thanks @DrP – you’ve just convinced me to race my SS at the Cannock winter race in February. Not sure whether to thank or curse you…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Who’s in for the next two rounds!?

With a bit of luck I’ll do both. See if I can squeeze an extra lap out this time – was just out of time to get a 4th in the 3hr oldies cat.

Was a great course – a 10k lap! Awesome work from Gorrick!

Yak

I think we are in for both. My son is keen and wants to improve. It was a shock to him as juvenile xc have been about 40mins, so a 2hr race was a big one.

bigdaddy

I hope to be in for both of the next rounds too, hopefully feeling better and able to give it the full beans!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone racing the Brass Monkeys XC this sunday?’ is closed to new replies.