Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone put a 210mm One Up Dropper on a L Hightower?
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Ruler says this will be OK with max insertion. Anyone done this? am i missing something?

snotrag

New or old hightower?

If the new version, beware, I had a nightmare getting the correct size dropper post – you have to be aware that although the seat tube may be long enough, the position of the shock means that you might not be able to push the post all the way ‘bottomed out’.

The cable/hose has to route around the shock (i.e. off centre) and then into the seat post.
    On some posts the cable is central (like a reverb) on some (Fox transfer, Brand X) its off to one side slightly and on mine, interfered with the bottom of the seat tube and shock at full insertion.

Just beware that there may be some trial and error involved.

Of course the beauty of the One-up is that you can slide the whole lot up 10mm and then shim the travel down a touch – I nearly ended up doing that myself.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The current One-up comes with the new style actuator that was brought in to work better with the difficult linkage/cable run situation. Apart from that, I can’t help but the 210 on my Bird is a decent post so far.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Snotrag, its the older 2018 version. The one without the lower nomad style shock position. Is this what you had or are you on the current model?

Edit: Sorry you are obviously talking about the current model – just re read your post.

snotrag

Yup, mines the brand new one with the shock through the bottom of the seat tube. You”ll probably find things a lot easier on the 2018.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone put a 210mm One Up Dropper on a L Hightower?’ is closed to new replies.