Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone owned a RENAULT MODUS ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Looking at a 2005 auto 1.6 to replace ou 15year old micro second car run around.

Any good ? Apart from the hassle of changing light bulbs what else is there to know ?

Thanks in advance

markoulini

I looked at as 2005modus recently, very cheap. Apparently the steering column is a major fault and if it hasn’t been replaced will need sorting.

robdob
    Free Member

Very practical and ok to drive. We borrowed my wife’s dads one and it was pretty good for what it’s designed for.

Safe? Oh yes! The one we borrowed was crashed into a ditch and rolled 2 or 3 times and the person driving got out with only minor bruises. The integrity of the passenger compartment was perfect but the car looked like it had been rolled off Beachy head. I’d buy one just for that reason alone – very impressive.

unovolo
    Free Member

Apparently the steering column is a major fault and if it hasn’t been replaced will need sorting.

Got a 54 Plate one that i’m currently having that issue with, had the affected part out once and refurbished for £250, it lasted 1week so now have to take it all to bits again and send it back for them to have another go.

Other than that I’m pretty happy with it, easy to drive and goes alright pretty well specced considering its a base model.
    Sliding back seat is handy and will fit quite a bit of stuff in if needs be.

Theres a YouTube video of a Modus being crashed into a Volvo estate, everyone knows Volvos reputation, the Modus came off better for the occupants so quite good if you decide to have a crash in one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone owned a RENAULT MODUS ?’ is closed to new replies.