Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone owned a Canfield Yelli Screamy
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Potentially looking at one but not seen much about them.

The geo looks interesting and looks like it would be a hoot of a ride, but it would be my only Mtb so not sure how it would hold up for big rides in the Peaks / Lakes as supposed to thrashing about in the woods.

Would run it with 140mm and it’s the last iteration of the frame they did.

weeksy

I think the later frames sorted out chainring issues they had. I had one but it was too big. My Parkwood is distinctly similar in many ways though.

scandal42
    Free Member

Out of interest what size frame did you have and how tall are you?

The new ones definitely sorted the chainring issue out.

djflexure

I have the latest ?2016 version, set up with 130s. Most ridden bike last year and fine for long rides. Bought used from here appear to be very well constructed frames. I’m 6 ft on a large with 60mm stem and 780 bars. Fit is good.

weeksy

I had an XL @ 6’0 was way too big for me.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I looked at one but ended up with a Titus Fireline.

Similar bike but a bit lighter

lawman91

mate of mine has a Nimble 9 and seems to like it, runs his as a 29er with a 160/130 DPA Pike. runs it 130mm most of the time. Seems a fast bike!

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers all

Concerned the large may be too big but I am changing bikes due to the last one being too small, that’s the pain of being between sizes at 5’10

Bike looks like it would be really good fun so fingers crossed

singlespeedstu

I’ve had 2 of them
    Both sold to people on here
    First was a medium that was way to small
    Second was a large which was better but the reach was still a bit short for my tastes
    I’m 6′ with a 32″ inside leg if it helps

fathomer

How do you know it’s to small, you never ride it 🙂

cokie

Mine was a great bike to mess about on with 140mm forks, but always felt a little short in reach and CS to be stable in the big stuff.
    It had the same geometry as the Nimble9, but in Alu and no sliding dropout, so clues in the name!

scandal42
    Free Member

How do you know it’s to small, you never ride it 🙂

🙂 I’ts always felt a bit cramped and I think it might be partially to blame for the derrière issue 😉

fathomer

Lol, what else you been looking at and what’s your budget? If I were to decide to go 29 on the hardtail and wasn’t such a Cotic fanboi I’d be looking here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone owned a Canfield Yelli Screamy’ is closed to new replies.