Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone own Decathlon AM Trail MTB pants?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Do they have a waterproof shin panel to protect against spray?

Is there much thigh room? I have some Decathlon Lycra shorts and I had to get XL to get enough thigh room (even in stretch Lycra) but there’s too much waist room – I don’t have a big gut.

tails
    Free Member

No idea in relation to your question as my local decathlon is not great on mtb. I would say my Troy Lee spray resistant shorts are miles ahead of the decathlon efforts I bought, which at the time I rated. They size exactly as you explain, even at my lightest my thighs are bigger than normal.

Think you need to try them first.

Matt_SS_xc

I ordered some this morning. I am a text book small but will tell you what i can when they arrive…..

doomanic

Do they have a waterproof shin panel to protect against spray?

Yes. No idea if they are actually waterproof though; I sent my pair back.

Is there much thigh room?

I wear a 34R suit trouser. I found size Large snug at the seat and hips and slim in the leg. I wouldn’t be able to get my Raceface Flank D30 pads underneath them.

tenburner

Rugby thighs and gut to match here and the room in the thighs is good but the cut of the trousers over all is close. I did rip mine with a nasty bit of tyre buzz but decathlon replaced them no problem.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m on the burlier size and my XL (37″) fit great! They are a close fit, but I can get knee pads in no problem.

I’m around a 36″ waist at the moment and I fasten them on the tightest setting and they still have plenty of room. They are a little water resistant, but won’t stop a full on soaking. They’re light enough though that they don’t get dragged off when wet.

Well impressed for the money overall!

I have some of the winter versions that I’ve not tried yet. They seem like a tighter fit though and it’s not been cold enough to justify them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm sounds good. I don’t use pads, they would just need to fit over my bulging muscles. Seriously – I have trouble getting wellies on because my calves are big, and there’s not even that much fat there!

Troy Lee spray resistant shorts

I don’t think they will keep much spray off my shins 😉

kalamonkey

Do you mean these?

I’ve got a pair and been for a ride this morning where I was covered in mud, the pants are labelled as water repellent and I can say that my legs weren’t soaking wet, from the rain/drizzle. I can’t say that the pants are waterproof though, as I never been out in them when it’s been properly raining.

I’m very happy with my purchase, my only criticism that I have was getting things out of the pockets with my gloves on meant that the pockets kept on turning inside out. This is a minor thing though.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I thought the Decathlon trousers were cheap and nasty, and typically weird fit. They went straight back.

akkwlsk
    Free Member

Rode mine once, but I can already say they are very comfy. Not winter-proof, but around 0 degrees they were fine. Fit pads very well, have waterproof butt and calf panels, stretch is good, price is good.

Getting the right size might be tricky as they lack proper waist regulation. I’m 6ft4, somewhere between 34-36 waist and XLs are spot on.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Look like online stock, and every store too, only has biffer sizes.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Had mine for a few weeks now and I think they’re ok. They are a snug fit, I bought a medium, 32″ and probably should have bought the large 34″ as I prefer a looser fit. I own the winter version too and they are a better fit in the 34″, bit more room for pads underneath also. I describe them as spray proof rather than waterproof. Not much more to say, can’t compare them to more expensive trousers as I’ve not tried any.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have them, they ain’t “waterproof” but DWR and water resist.

The bum panel is no thicker than the rest so expect them to wear.

They are a bit stingy on leg length.

Mudhugger for me anyway.

Good for the money.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I received some this morning, 32 waist, medium fits fine, short arse legs (30″) so they’re a bit long for me but that’s fine.

They are a similar material & feel to Endura Humvee Lite, they feel like tracing paper, but my humvees have lasted a couple of years so I’m keeping fingers crossed.

They have 2 proper zips at the front, and are nice and stretchy around the waist, they are tight on my thighs (but most things are) but there’s bagginess around the knees so my 661 Evo knee pads should fit fine.

I think they’re OK for the money.

asbrooks

The ST500 winter trousers show a mobile in the back pocket for illustration. Are they really that waterproof?

tomtomthepipersson

For the money they’re a fantastic pair of strides.

So far (8 rides in) they’ve brushed off the usual bramble & branch attacks and have been absolutely caked in mud on every ride. A quick blast in the washing machine and they’re as good as new.

I doubt they’ll keep you dry in a down pour as they’re not fully waterproof but my rear end and legs have stayed perfectly dry so far (no rear mudguards) despite the dismal conditions.

Mine are a 32/medium and I’m 6ft 2in, 31in waist, 76kg. Just wish they were a couple of inches longer in the leg.

pothead
    Free Member

Just had a pair delivered today, not ridden in them yet but 1st impressions are that they’re ok for the price, the shins are waterproof, they are a fairly tight fit and I’m around 5’8 and find the legs are slightly too long. I’ll probably keep them but they aren’t in the same ball park as the Fox Ranger 3l I already have, but at less than 1/3 of the cost I wasn’t expecting them to be, and I’ll be very surprised if they’re waterproof but I’ll be wearing the Fox’s if its looking like rain

richardthird

Just noticed free delivery on everything today only.

SirHC

FYI, they are back in stock.

Ordered a pair of 34’s a few weeks back and they turned up Tuesday, I’m a 34 in the Fox equivalent and these are a bit tighter. Ok for xc stuff with no knee pads, have ordered a pair of 37’s.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Hmm, I’d be interested to see how they perform when washed. I bought some snow trekking trousers that I had to size up in, were too big but after a wash they’re only just bigger than usual. Same water resistant material I think.

scruff
    Free Member

Do the orange logos calm down after a thorough caking and a wash?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own Decathlon AM Trail MTB pants?’ is closed to new replies.