Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone ordered in CRC as spares for alps trip?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

So does any? And return the unused ones?

Im thinking, brake set, wheelsets , rear mech…etc that could possibly break.

wallop

Brake pads, mech hangers, rear mech, oil for servicing things. It would be easy to take everything but you have to draw the line somewhere – it’s France, not Antarctica!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Oil for servicing? Im planning to service all suspensions before going if thats enough

Deveron53
    Free Member

Seems like a good idea! I ordered half a groupset then changed my mind – returned it all for full refund…

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Only way i can see this going south is for royal mail or parcel force to lose my items on the mail and wont arrive at my leaving day 😯 …im thinking tyres as well, swampthings just in case it rains hard that week.

st

Do you sufficient luggage allowance, anything that comes in retail packaging is likely to need to go back in a fit state so no squashed, torn etc from creative suitcase packing.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Will be driving, so no luggage allowance 😉 ..my only worry is how much is too much for CRC for the returns if there ever be and the mercy of royal mail.

wallop

I did a lowers service on my stupid fox forks half way through our trip, but we were there for two weeks.

Drac

Only spares I’ve ever needer were a tube, took pads but didn’t need them.

MSP

I think that’s taking the piss to be honest, it’s an abuse of the system, and I don’t think anyone would expect to be treated like that personally. At the end of the day the cost of your selfishness would be passed on to all customers. There are plenty of bike shops in the alps.

seavers
    Free Member

I think that’s taking the piss to be honest, it’s an abuse of the system, and I don’t think anyone would expect to be treated like that personally. At the end of the day the cost of your selfishness would be passed on to all customers. There are plenty of bike shops in the alps.

Fair point really. I have been buying spares for a trip to Spain but if I don’t use them they will go in my spares box.

OP…you mention brake sets and wheel sets. Seems a bit OTT. How about some spokes and some pads. MSP is right in saying there are plenty of bike shops there. However take things that will be hard to find for your bike. Like a Mech hanger and possibly spokes if you run straight pull.

granny_ring

Guess you could get some spares and return what you dont use.
    Remember with the prepaid returns with collect+ you’re limited in the size of parcel, 600mm length I think so you’d have to pay for wheels and dont know if you can get those costs refunded?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Guess wheelset is a bit overboard. Actually its between us 3 riders, pads, specific frame bushing/bearing, hangers , rear derailleur are defo.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

That’s properly taking the piss.

cookies

I had spares sent to me in Slovinia, Italy and France to a campsite I would be at in the future…

Shipping was always the same as its pan Euro.

It’s just like getting kit at home – plus you can rteturn exactly the same way from home or in country.

Croatia was a different matter as it was outside the EU and we kept moving.

Its better than buying in resort and no downside.

rene59
    Free Member

Why not phone CRC and ask them?

Sure they would be happy to help provide parts support for your trip.

Maybe lend you a workshop vehicle and a mechanic as well.

wallop

Don’t forget you could probably get a quick overland courier service from the Germans if you really didn’t want to pay LBS prices when you’re out there.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Proper wrong , if you want spare stuff buy it and keep it till you use it
    Spokes for wheels cost very little etc

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ordered in CRC as spares for alps trip?’ is closed to new replies.