Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone ordered from bike 24 in Germany – delivery times?
  • mdavids
    Free Member

Ordered some new forks which were dispatched on the 17th, according to DHL tracking they were at Cologne on the 21st and they haven’t moved since then.
    I realise its probably down to xmas holidays but I’ve ordered plenty from HS bike discount in Germany before and its never taken more than 5 days to arrive.

andytherocketeer

Used bike24 loads. They’re often a bit slow in processing the order, but once its shipped it’s usually next working day delivery. DHL in Germany won’t work on public holidays or Sundays (at all), but I’d have thought it’d be in UK by now.

mdavids
    Free Member

I’d have thought it’d be in UK by now

Yeah me too and if I’d known it was going to take this long I wouldn’t have bothered. First and last time I’ll use them.

I emailed DHL and bike24 on saturday and neither has replied.

andytherocketeer

well neither B24 nor DHL would be in a position to respond until today, since Germany doesn’t work 24/7 like UK (and today’s probably a half day), so I wouldn’t expect a response now until at least 2nd Jan. That time of year I guess.

Just for balance, my last few orders with that popular Northern Irish online store have been 15 working days, and no tracking. Hate to think what it’d have been like near a holiday.

mildred

I’ve used them for forks and they took 2 days but I had to collect from DHL’s delivery hub.

warpcow
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect much to move in mainland Europe between Xmas and new year. Previous experiences with bike24 have been alright, but slow to process and notify of out-of-stock items.

For balance I ordered some forks from Merlin on the 20th. Dispatched same day with UPS and not scheduled for arrival until 2/1, which is ‘on time’.

mdavids
    Free Member

Bump!
    Received an email from bike24 yesterday saying they are looking into it, nothing at all from DHL despite opening up a complaint.

Tracking site still shows the forks stuck at Cologne.

I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the holidays but I now consider this to be taking the p***.

MarkN
    Free Member

DHL is the weak link in my experience with Bike24. They shipped it fine but then DHL screwed it up. The DHL tracking code from Bike24 is only good when in Germany. When it comes to UK it gets another new number. I found this as it was texted to me by DHL. They said that thy would be delivering that day. I then checked the tracker site just after midday and it said refused delivery or similar. No one had been to my door as I was in all day. Call to Customer support was a complete waste of time. No Saturday delivery was offered even when I asked for it. Seems the driver was to busy to get to me. I then got the goods a week later as not about to accept delivery.

andytherocketeer

yesterday was the 1st working day after you sent your mail (actually Monday morning might have been a half day). Sounds like DHL have fubared.

DHL Germany “lost” my parcel from Superstar. Took them 2 weeks to perform the search. In that 2 weeks, it had gone back to UK, resent, and arrived in my hands 🙂

edit: could be ^^ that (All the RM stuff coming to Germany loses tracking when it says “Transferred to the foreign delivery company at EMA”). Except CRC stuff, which seems to have no tracking whatsoever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ordered from bike 24 in Germany – delivery times?’ is closed to new replies.