Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone on here ride a Moulton?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

Lets see it then!

ruminant
    Free Member

No, but I’m a Moulton 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Moulton riders are an odd bunch. People who are quite happy to sit in lycra on a packed train and then barge people out the way as they construct their bike as it pulls into the station.

MrNutt
    Free Member

that is an odd way to live.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Davey, I think you’re thinking of Bromptons. There are some freaks who insist on riding them in full gimp suits, sadly.

Moultons are an entirely different kettle of bonkersness. Amazing bikes to ride, though.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve owned several AMs – lovely things to ride…

I remember when Moulton bought out their first MTB and it was reviewed in (I think) New Cyclist. The article started off about how the guy woke up in hospital with no memory of the last two days.

I’ve always fancied an AM, but they are very expensive.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of 60s Moultons, the 4 speed Sturmey process has scarred me for life.

deejayen
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1965 model. I’ve done it up a bit – I had to as it wasn’t in great condition. I spent a few hundred quid on it, and still not really sure about it! I put in a 2-speed Sachs Duomatic hub – you pedal backwards slightly to alternate between the two gears, and if you backpedal a little harder you activate the back brake. It’s a fun experience at first! I’m a recumbent man these days (yeah, really weird!) but last year I managed a 100k audax on the Moulton. The surprising thing was that even though I was ready to throw it in a ditch, I happened to be the first person back! (I think the faster riders stopped for more cakes…)

Mine might not be typical, but I find the rear suspension good for soaking up bumps, although they never really bothered me on a normal bike. However, I expected the front suspension to completely isolate me from any vibration, which was why I experimented with it, but it doesn’t. I find it quite harsh on a rough or broken road surface.

eskay

Alex Moulton use to be a life member of my old club and he often used to hold open days where we could test ride an array of different machines. They were surprisingly fun to ride.

Rich Grigsby used to make them go blisteringly fast.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here ride a Moulton?’ is closed to new replies.