Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone on here racing at Bringewood this weekend?
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Just a thread to see if there are any fellow STW’ers racing at Pearce this coming weekend? Never done the Pearce series, looking forward to getting my arse kicked! Anyone know what the camping set up is like?

Andy

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Will be there wearing a yellow jacket, carrying a radio with a dog in tow! You will probably see me at some point on the track checking that the marshals are all ok etc.

Here is a video link to the course for the weekend: http://vimeo.com/61969760

Camping is in two fields, no running water but water available for washing but not drinking. One field is small so better to go through this field where all the trade stands are and camp in the much bigger field where there is plenty of space. There is a food outlet which sells water and provides hot meals.

Without being bias, it is a great series and all riders have a lot of praise for the Pearce Team. Enjoy your weekend, you’ll have a blast 🙂

geologist
    Free Member

Will be watching, I rode the dh trails on Sunday and the top halves were complete quagmires 😉 will make for entertaining viewing I reckon 😉 have fun, it’s a great setup.

I am riding this weekend ( well trying )
    On team Up&under
    But will be doing hotel as wet cold and wet again .
    But camp most times

Enjoy and see you there

mikewsmith
    Free Member

XC or DH? Pearce races generally are fun mostly due to Dave & Lindsey.

There is a curry house in Ludlow that may still deliver (with beer) to the race field…

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Having looked at this weekend’s forecast, I would say take spikes, tear offs and every change of kit you own.
    And either park facing downhill toward the exit, or get chummy with someone in a 4×4.

Andy I will i fact see you there to pick up neck brace
    Cheers j

andypandy85
    Free Member

Anyone happen to know the name/number of this curry house?!

J, I will indeed see you there! I’ll be in a green Land Rover (£5 per car for a tow out on the Sunday evening!)

I’m looking forward to swimming my way down the track, the weather looks unpredictable…should be a lot of fun!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol can’t remember if you see Dan Braund in a white traffic/nukeproof scalp he was the one who sat on the roof of the van downloading the menu….

Wish I was going now just a bit far. Seriously the most fun races I have done.

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

From the Pearce Cycles website and facebook page:

RACE UPDATE: At the moment the race will go ahead as planned. Conditions will be difficult, in particular the bottom fields are very wet. We’re keeping an eye on the weather forecast and recommend everyone checks our website or Facebook & Twitter pages for the latest updates.

Bring your wellies 😆

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

RACE UPDATE TWO: 21/03/13: Due to the weather forecast changing for the worse, we have decided to postpone round 1 at Bringewood. A new date will be announced as soon as possible. We apologise for this, but for safety reasons it is the sensible decision.

Cheers for that . Looks to be for the best as many will struggle to make it there and then to the venu !

Andypandy where abouts are you ?

geologist
    Free Member

Good decision in the end. Its a bit grim here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here racing at Bringewood this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.