Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Anyone not 'drinking' this New Year?
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

Seeing as how I can’t hold down any food just at the moment I figure I might give it a miss tonight.

chakaping
    Free Member

Couple of glasses of wine maybe. Less than a normal Saturday night I expect.

Working through until Tues so even less point than normal for NYE.

M6TTF
    Free Member

why cant you lot drink when you’re eating digestives? cant you just switch to a hob nob?

Flaperon

Working New Year’s Day so no drinks for me. 🙁

roper
    Free Member

Dry here too.
    I’ve been told about a cave near by full of bugs and spiders. So an early start tomorrow with my wife,son,some pots and torches 🙂
    Can’t wait!!!!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

20 mile XC run tomorrow so very happy to drive tonight. One glass of fizz at 12:00 will do.. Had the mild bender last night at home and still need to recover!! Washing up til 01:15 so might have a wee nap again now. Too lazy to fix yesterday’s puncture and go for a ride.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

I’ll be dry bar a dram at the bells but I’m intrigued, why do all the folk that stopped drinking a while ago not just say they won’t be drinking instead of trotting out when they stopped and how its “highly unlikely”??

cynic-al
    Free Member

They’re Scottish.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Those who haven’t drunk since 19xx – what was behind your decision?

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Offered to drive tonight to a friends house party, have had man flu over the whole Xmas break, just seem to be starting to get over it, so dont think a load of beer will help

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve decided I’m off booze since Boxing day till Feb. Nice fresh clear-headed start to the year and all that.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ll be drinking tonight, but then that’s it…. Until. February

yunki
    Free Member

for me there were a number of contributing factors.. not least that I had already consumed more than mine and Lemmy and Ozzy Osbournes lifetimesworth of booze before I was 40.. (and had made a very valiant attempt at polishing off Charles Bukowski’s helping too..)

but mostly because I like to drink to excess and that didn’t fit in with family life

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ditch the family.

Simples.

rexated
    Free Member

why cant you lot drink when you’re eating digestives? cant you just switch to a hob nob?

Or just drink digestifs.

i’m going to stay sober bar a couple of drinks as I’m doing the Newham 60 on the 2nd. Sort of regretting it at the moment …. entering the ride seemed like a good idea a couple of months ago, but know I feel like getting sh1tfaced 😈 😀

Taff
    Free Member

Off for a meal at a mates house. Driving there with the mrs, it will be a race as to who will who will get a drink first. The loser is driving home. May not even stay there until midnight, really not bothered about new years although I may be watching BBC for the london fireworks.

Jamie
    Free Member

So an early start tomorrow with my wife,son,some pots and torches

Fancy adopting a 32 year old additional son?

Had the mild bender last night at home

*insert joke here*

iainc

given the hangover I have from last night I may never drink again !

marsdenman
    Free Member

Another ‘driver’ here.
    Off to a friends 60th – live band etc, looking forward to it.
    I’d rather stay sober than faff about booking / waiting on a taxi and a drunken, cold & wet 4 mile walk home on an unlit national speed limit road appeals even less….

martinxyz
    Free Member

sorry elfin!

“Proper = metric
    BLASPHEMER!

Burn him!”

I read it wrong. I agree!

LMT
    Free Member

Gave up drinking 4 years ago, so a dry one for me. Hoping to get some motivation to go biking tomorrow!

Forgot to add i gave up due to change in work, and decided i had had enough of bad heads on a sunday morning, and less cash in the bank account. I don’t miss it at all.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Whats a hangover?

Alek
    Free Member

Contin tomorrow then Martin 😀

See you there.

ton

i will be having a good swill, not had a drink all xmas.

_tom_
    Free Member

Caught a bad cold at work this week so I feel crap at the minute.. probably not drinking but still going out, most likely designated driver tonight. Just about to have a strategic nap to sort me out a bit.

roper
    Free Member

Fancy adopting a 32 year old additional son?

Sorry one is enough. 🙂
     If we find anything interesting I’ll take some photos and post them 🙂
    (on a side note, I did find what I think is a L.rufescens or Mediterranean recluse spider a couple of days ago, she looks gravid too:) )

Alek
    Free Member

Delighted today not have a hang-over 😀

Got so much done and a bike ride. Its the way forward (meantime)

mogrim

If we find anything interesting I’ll take some photos and post them

And???

martinxyz
    Free Member

Did you get out to Contin,Alek? I got up late,breakfast at 2pm,then stripped some more bits off the MOT failure ready for the scrappy. Might go out for a ride tomorrow if it stops raining.

Jamie
    Free Member

And???

+1

Kevevs
    Free Member

+2 yeah Roper, we want a New Year spider thread!

fatalbert
    Free Member

Didnt drink last night due to a 60 mile drive north this morning to visit family and have a meal. Back home now and making up for it.

hora
    Free Member

Good on you who don’t
    Good on you who will

I personally will. Twice a week. If I didn’t I need to take something else chemical. This is mine.

We are all different but the same 🙂

Alek
    Free Member

Martin: Trail maintenance on the ‘puffer’ course, the final decent. Didn’t bother cycling as it was chucking it down with snow!!

Late breakfast…….my favourite 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

i’d have died many years ago if i hadn’t quit when i did.
    putting it in simple terms, alcohol’s just not for me.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I think I must be doing this the wrong way round…
    I hadn’t drunk for a year, as I was really sick to death of it. I decided a while back that I’d get mashed on new years eve, with some warm up drinks the day before to be sure I remembered how!

Now I can just about see the light at the end of a two day hangover, and I’m bollocksed if I’m going to give myself this much grief for fun in the future. And for what it’s worth, it was blinding fun!

One thing that’ll stick with me from this last year is that it can be just as much fun to be with your mates in the pub when you’re sober. You can still have a laugh, you can still get the rounds in (although the exchange rate for lime and sodas is a little higher!) and you can happily get yourself drunk on company. It’s a state of mind.

So roll on a bright and sober 2012!

molgrips
    Free Member

I was on a plane.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Anyone not 'drinking' this New Year?’ is closed to new replies.